Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Originally Posted by juanenrique View Post
hi guys... anybody experiencing any issues or conflicts with PR 1.3?
Nope, everything just works better than ever before. Ford Mondeo touchscreen 7" NX

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I buidl a new obexd version for the obexd2 package. No real updates for the maemo pbap/irmc code but the code is updated to the latest obexd repository (0.35+). It is also build against the latest SDK (e.g. the pr1.3 sdk).
Of coarse you still need the libopenobex2 package, see the wiki page mentioned in post 1 of this thread. (I also updated the wiki to list this obexd2 version)
Attached Files
File Type: deb obexd2_0.35-0maemo1_armel.deb (60.8 KB, 1637 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mirakels For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Emmeloord, Netherlands
I thougt that my N900 worked fine with the RNS510 in my VW. My RNS 510 is connected with my N900, but when I want to phone someone the voice of the other person is not on my car speakers. The call stays on my N900 is is not send to my RNS510 system and therefore not on my speakers. I can see on the display in my car, that there is a phonecall, but the caller stays on my N900 and not on the spakers of mycar. Is there a solution for this problem. I installed the apps as described in this thread......?? I've the newest version of premium bluetooth carcit with umts.

Hello,

As explained by Cevenn, you have to try to delete existing pairing (on N900 and on the car audio kit), reboot, and pair again after install the 2 .deb packages.

I had the same problem as you and it has been resolved by this procedure!

RG

Hi Roberto,

Do you need to do this several times? I think I did this in the past already. I'm gonna try this tomorrow. Does this also solve the problem of not synchronizing the phone book on my RNS510?

greez from Holland

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
For me, the first time was the only one: works great since I done it.

BerryV How did you manage to get connection at all with RNS 510 system. I get the message that my mobile (also N900) is incompatible.

@ BramK

I've to try several times, but with some patience it connects. My problem is that I can not get my contacts from the N900 to the RNS 510. When I try this, the RNS 510 does not synchronize with the N900..... Therefore I can't phone anyone because the numbers are on my phone and not on the RNS 510.... What is going wrong?

@ Roberto/Cevenn

I've also deleted existing pairing (on N900 and on the car audio kit), reboot, and pair again. The 2 .deb packages are on my phone for weeks.

Last edited by BerryV; 2010-11-09 at 16:40.

Originally Posted by bramk View Post
BerryV How did you manage to get connection at all with RNS 510 system. I get the message that my mobile (also N900) is incompatible.
I think you have the VW premium car kit which works via "Remote Sim Access Protocol"(RSAP) and not with "Hands Free Protocol" (HFP).
RSAP is not supported by N900 (and quite a lot of other mobiles).

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
Ah, read the whole thread and sadly came to the same conclusion.

It's a great carkit (actually forms a transmitter itself, relieving battery stress and guaranteeing a great signal)... and a great phone.

Sadly, no support to use them in combination. I had a thread about this in the beginning of the N900 coming out, this being a nokia phone, I would have hoped they would at least support their own protocols... sadly no....

Bad call Nokia. Don't build carkits with protocols no one supports (except some symbian implementations which where often broken too).....

Won't polute the thread any further. Anyone with the Premium versions of the VAG (Audio, Skoda, Seat, VW) carkit that uses rSAP is just left out. Getting it replaced is basically the only choice (or have another phone, in my case a Nokia E50 as 'carkit phone' and install the tablet mode button).

Look here for a decent replacement : http://fiscon-mobile.com/products/index.php

Last edited by Quindor; 2010-11-09 at 17:55.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile