Active Topics

We cannot and should not compare N900 and N8. Here in Hong Kong, there is a difference of about USD130.00 on their price tags at launch date; which means N8 is 20% cheaper in price.

I bought a N8 for my wife last month. I played with it and like some of its function such as Front Camera, Virtual Keyboard, Chinese Input and Landscape/Protrait swap which are missing out or not working right right now on my N900 with MSCIM #1.4.7-1maemo15. There are also more exciting choices of game for N8 than N900. However, our N900 can do many more other tasks. I would not trade my N900 for N8 even though I am experiencing a hard time with my N900 regarding PenPower Chinese Input at the moment.

In my opinion, N900 is more likely a man's side-arm; and for business people. For ladies like my wife, N900 would be too complicate for them and they would appreciate the streamline and lighter weight of N8 better. For youngsters who only concern music and games, they would also prefer N8 better.

Talking about N900 vs N9, I am pretty sure it is NOKIA's attempt to attrract current N900 users to switch to N9 in a year; and then N9 to another new model in another year; and so on and on. It is business. If we all stick to one model for several or many years, NOKIA would be having hard time for insufficient turnover.

TC

I just renewed my voda contract for another 12 months with double the minutes and internet allowance so this time next year I`ll start looking around whether there is something that could replace the N900 in my pocket. At the moment I can't imagine using anything else.

of course , cause it is the best cell phone by nokia at the moment .
my lead system pro

Last edited by PeterBoy; 2010-11-13 at 06:59.