So is there any chance of this working on pr1.3?

The Following User Says Thank You to pharaoh92 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pharaoh92 View Post
So is there any chance of this working on pr1.3?
Yea man, it works with PR1.3 also.

Ok so I'ved decided to give this another shot >_>....Please read the first post...

This around time I'm being extra super dupper safe, so I've decided to ignore the quality of the n900 speakers an leave them as is...the incident which blew my speaker made me a lot wiser..... My main focus is now the headset volume and quality, along with which things affect battery life and sound quality and performance the most.

Please if you have tried the patches and notice any difference in the n900, good or bad, plz provide some feed back.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-11-09 at 13:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
i have installed and used option 2, will update tomorrow, but the volume ie my ring tone volume went up quite a bit

The Following User Says Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
To SavageD

"Please if you have tried the patches and notice any difference in the n900, good or bad, provide some feed back."

I have been using option #1 for three days now and have noticed that the sound is much better than the stock settings on pr1.3. The bass is much better and although stereo widening is set to false the sound is more expansive and the volume is louder. I have experienced no problems when using your patch.
One question, I read somewhere in the forums (can't find it now) that some poster had a command to make changes to alsamixer permanent, could we use something like that to keep the capture volume at zero?
Please keep up the great work on the n900 sound quality, thanks once again

The Following User Says Thank You to Mart5.1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mart5.1 View Post
To SavageD

"Please if you have tried the patches and notice any difference in the n900, good or bad, provide some feed back."

I have been using option #1 for three days now and have noticed that the sound is much better than the stock settings on pr1.3. The bass is much better and although stereo widening is set to false the sound is more expansive and the volume is louder. I have experienced no problems when using your patch.
One question, I read somewhere in the forums (can't find it now) that some poster had a command to make changes to alsamixer permanent, could we use something like that to keep the capture volume at zero?
Please keep up the great work on the n900 sound quality, thanks once again
O wow, alsamixer -c0 rely does make a difference, I'll give this a shot later today. I hold no promises though....As it is something worth looking into, so I'll do my best ...

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bobbydoedoe View Post
i have installed and used option 2, will update tomorrow, but the volume ie my ring tone volume went up quite a bit
+
Volume/quality increases through my shure e5c earbuds
was able to load heavy flash pages without audio studdering
no freezes/crashes reported
no affect on nitdroid

-
it doesn't print me money

The Following User Says Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
Thanks man, I hope you have some luck.
Mart5.1

The Following User Says Thank You to Mart5.1 For This Useful Post:
Just a small up update on progress:

It seems that the alsamixer head phones settings has a bug which causes the heaphones to reset to 88% no matter what aspect you change or mess with. It's as if the settings (asound.state) appears out of thin air. Why hasn't nokia fixed this mess after 3 firmware updates? That said...

I have thought up a way to work around the annoying bug. And I need to contact the guy who made heaphone daemon, as I want to save my self from anymore coding and digging up, I have two many exams to do ...

On the other hand, I have 62 views and only two feed backs?

Thanks for the update, good luck with the exams.