Originally Posted by Mart5.1 View Post
It works for me, how is your pc connected to the internet?
When you say it works for you, did you connect your phone to your PC through USB networking? or did you use wifi (true wireless)?

I'm trying to establish internet sharing when connecting through USB networking.

"I wonder if that's the problem? (win7 64bit) "

Maybe, but I should have another go at usb networking using madde developer to connect n900 to your pc via usb and or research into bridging connections on your pc, any way good luck and post a note if you succeed.
cheers

Seems like a Windows 7 problem:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-b13859359ac0

Even a computer with Windows XP can't get onto the internet. Thanks for your replies anyway. I'll post back if I find any solution.

Cheers.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
Yes, if I click on any web app, it would ask to connect to an existing connection. That's why I made an ad-hoc network on my PC. And after I connect my phone to that ad-hoc connection, it doesn't ask again, but internet is still not working on my phone. Can't the ad-hoc connection be used as the dummy network?
It's not that simple.
Lets say you don't use the ad-hoc network for internet, but just to fool the phone, (a waste of battery, you can create dummy network in a better way if you follow the wiki), You need a couple of things for it to work :
  • Default route to your computer USB Adapter IP address. Also know as gateway : for example 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.USB_IP
  • IP Address for name-server on your phone.
  • IP address for your phone's USB adapter in the same subnet as your computers adapter. for example : computer 192.168.1.1 phone : 192.168.1.2
  • The computer needs to be able to NAT your connections, meaning internet connection sharing should be configured to share your internet (network card to router) to the usb network adapter.
  • If the phone is on "Obtain Automatically / DHCP" your computer needs a dhcp server service running, usually starts along side ICS pre-configured.
  • Again. follow the WIKI!
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The easiest answer might be using this : http://connectify.me/ (you will need a wifi card/usb)