The N900 is ALMOST at End-Of-Life at this point; Nokia will soon abandon support for the phone and you will have the community support only. As much as I loved the N900, I am waiting for the HP Palm to release the HP-enhanced Palm WebOS 2.0-enabled HP Palm phones (not the just-annouced Palm Pre 2). I am also looking forward to the November launch of Micro$oft Windows 7 Phone.

However, if you enjoy programming, please buy the N900 and start developing/porting applications for us!

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i love my n900 too and will never forget it.
but it isn't up to date any more there is better/faster and stronger hardware out there.
i will definetly buy the n9.
in my eyes the n9 is something like n900-2.
looks a little bit like it has a little bit maemo in it but will have(i hope so)
10 times better hardware specs.
but if you wan't a power user device which can do almost everything and doesn't cost too much then buy it

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Planet Earth
Yes, I'm going to get N900. Okay we have community support. So it will be great. And I trust the community better than a corporate vendor.

The post Maemo 6/or MeeGo on N900 is inspiring. I'll stick with Maemo and help what ever I can, to update and make it better.

Thank You guys!!
This community is awesome.

Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
The N900 is ALMOST at End-Of-Life at this point; Nokia will soon abandon support for the phone and you will have the community support only.
Yes - and no. Nokia's support will go on for a while longer; personally I have another 18 months on my warranty, for example.

Nokia might not keep patching Maemo - but since they just DID, for the third time this year, I don't think we need to worry too much until the first MeeGo devices are out (from Nokia).

What to buy? Depends on your needs. Mine are perfectly well served by the N900. We plan on keeping the company N900s for another two years, at least.