I have trying a couple of application in my N900, Tweego and DropN900. I have noticed that for all QT applications, the text entries controls and some dialogues show no text!

I'm attaching and example of Tweego, with an empty dialog. Also, when entering user and password, no text is reflected in fields, but I know the text is being captured, because when using the on-screen keyboard, the text is shown to be edited.

Do you know if this can be a configuration issue?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by rabarkar; 2010-11-02 at 04:26.

there is actually text just it's white so we cant see it. if you highline the text you will see what i m talking about. another question i experienced on tweego is that it wouldnt freaking let me log in. i triple checked the username and password combination. everytime it just says invalid. anyone has any ideas on that?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
QUoted from the [ANNOUNCE] TwitterBox is now TweeGo! thread:
Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
The current version won't work because of the basic auth shutdown, when we release the new version, with ouath, you'll be able to login.

The screen shot only show what happens with Tweego, but the same happens in other QT application, for example, DropN900, where the text in the text boxes and other controls are not displayed. Also, this doesn't happen in all QT controls, as other parts of the interface are visible.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
I would bet there is something off with custom qt stylesheets now. Or some base paletter for maemo has changed in the firmware. I'm pretty sure tweego as I do in dropn900 use custom stylesheets. My main treeview got all screwed up after PR 1.3 by the looks and also how it behaves. And the same QLineEdit widgets have about the same color text as the background.

As I understood a new PyQt4 release is coming soon, so I will at least wait for that and see if it fixes the numerous ui bugs.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
I would bet there is something off with custom qt stylesheets now. Or some base paletter for maemo has changed in the firmware. I'm pretty sure tweego as I do in dropn900 use custom stylesheets. My main treeview got all screwed up after PR 1.3 by the looks and also how it behaves. And the same QLineEdit widgets have about the same color text as the background.

As I understood a new PyQt4 release is coming soon, so I will at least wait for that and see if it fixes the numerous ui bugs.
Indeed this is a bug, but rather in Qt 4.7 not PyQt4.
PSFreedom (C++) had black text on a black background in QTextBrowser and I had to get rid of styleSheets (replaced with QPainter), it was working on 1.2, but not on 1.3, confirmed on three devices.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I've just found this with fMMS's settings page, and a few other places too. Change of theme to something that doesn't have a black background (just an ash coloured one) at least makes the text visible

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Jersey
Could somebody further explain how to resolve the black on black text issue?

I only have two themes on the device, Nokia Nseries and Digital Nature. The first one has completely invisible text in some programs (at least fMMS, Alarmed and VNC Viewer). The second one has *almost* invisible text.

There is also the the "Get more from Ovi Store" option, but the Ovi Store doesn't appear to be available in my country.

Ideally I'd like to solve the invisible text problem using the default theme, Nokia Nseries.

I eventually fixed this by reflashing the device. I had updated from PR1.2 to PR1.3 manually (perhaps this is when it broke, I'm not sure), but reflashing to PR1.3 has fixed it.

Reflashing wasn't particularly painful, it was easy to keep all user data, the only manual thing was reinstalling programs.

Sadly, it's broken again. Once again most things in Qt programs are invisible. I have no idea what broke it!