Posts: 90 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New delhi, India
i have been trying to figure out how do i get my vodafone live (india) to start working on my n900 as it does not work even though i have done a lot of changes and tried to activate it manually as well. Does anyone of you also face a similar problem in using your GPRS connection?

Hey Sam....go to vodafone gallery store....if u have wifi connection at home or office...thn delete it first thn make changes of GPRS setting...even i m using vodafone live....n it works great...!!

hi ksavai, Are you living in india as well like me? if yes then in which city? I was not able to understand your instructions well so please can you elaborate and tell me step by step in detail. It would be very kind of you if you do so as i have been searching for gprs on this phone since ages.

i have used grps and edge , both work on N900. i used to use gprs on vodafone. check on the vodafone website and send sms to get the settings from vodafone. after that u just go in internet connections and last u hv option called advance. in that u select check box to enable proxies and gprs will work. but with plain gprs emails,Im's wont work for that u will need edge that is vodafone data plan.

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

well it didint work out the way you told me but some how i found the manual settings and they worked, anyway thanks

hi sam..i seem to have the same problem with my vodafone gprs settings..could u tell me step-by-step as to what u did to make ur connection work..thnx

hello guys i m using n900 in mumbai.. i was using vodafone but it require advance GPRS and it cost more.. and also its only on postpaid.. so i swich to airtel prepaid its really cheap and works fine.. so i m using vodafone on cheap handset and airtel on n900

Originally Posted by Blacksphere View Post
hi sam..i seem to have the same problem with my vodafone gprs settings..could u tell me step-by-step as to what u did to make ur connection work..thnx
Hey friend here are the manual settings for you which you will get to change by going in settings and then in the internet connections tab.

Connection name: Vodafone live!

Connection Type: Packet data

Access point name: portalnmms

Username:_______ (blank)

Password: __________ (blank)
Proxies

Use proxy: enabled

Port number: 9401

All proxy (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, RTSP): 10.10.1.100

Do not use proxy for: ____________(blank)

Automatic configuration: uncheck, disable
IP Addresses

Auto-retrieve IP address: Check, enabled

Auto-retrieve DNS: Check, enabled

NOTE: these might be valid only for Delhi users like me.

The Following User Says Thank You to sam9953 For This Useful Post: