Originally Posted by pietgispen View Post
Thanks for the tip, but to my knowledge I have no such utilities installed. Perhaps it is another program or widget, but I wouldn't no how to check which one might cause the problem.

Piet
it may be some other program.....as i have uninstalled more then 5 packages of network utilities when i was suffering through this problem.....
so i m also not 100% sure of the problem package......
good luck

If you aren't dependend on microb (which wasn't operable anyhow when I had that problem), you might wanna set a chmod -x on the browserd executable.

But some hildon-whatever will constantly try to execute browserd, which is no longer possible...so it creates some kind of fake load. It won't slow down your device, but it looks horrible in conky

Had the problem even after a reflash, now waiting for the nokia download page (for emmc image) which seems down for two days now

Originally Posted by Bzzz View Post
If you aren't dependend on microb (which wasn't operable anyhow when I had that problem), you might wanna set a chmod -x on the browserd executable.

But some hildon-whatever will constantly try to execute browserd, which is no longer possible...so it creates some kind of fake load. It won't slow down your device, but it looks horrible in conky

Had the problem even after a reflash, now waiting for the nokia download page (for emmc image) which seems down for two days now
It not only looks horrible in Conky, it is horrible, as it finishes a fully loaded battery within 60 minutes. I have deleted many programs, all bookmarks, but it makes no difference. It is quite annoying. I surely didn't have this with PR 1.2. The only way to deal with it is to use "killall" etc. in X

Piet

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
for browserd cpu load problems I would suggest first trying to clear cache from browser and then killing it and restarting browser. If that doesnt´help then I might try deleting .microb settings folder (beware that bookmarks might go with this trick) and restarting browser and trying again. If that doesn´t fix it then I would try reinstalling browser and maybe perhaps also flashing.

(Of course making backup before fooling around this way is self-evident)

i also hav the same problem.
in htop the browserd shows command as

browserd -s 1962 -n RTComMessagingServer

any insights.. it really slows th system down..

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Is there a log somewhere for what program launched browserd, or what programs are talking with it?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
saminext2u,
Did you try stuff that has been already suggested in this thread._And_ if you did then what exactly you did?

Tags
battery drain, browserd, cheese w/ wine