Active Topics

Originally Posted by PathFinder@9GS View Post
the only way i know of is to use a virtual box or vmware. install windows... if you know of a different way.. pls do lemme know
This is the only way I'm aware of as well. :S

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
If you have a windows computer in your house, Playon might work, it can stream netflix to the Wii browser so it should be able to do it to N800 browser

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
If you have a windows computer in your house, Playon might work, it can stream netflix to the Wii browser so it should be able to do it to N800 browser
interesting... although not ideal, I wonder if you could stream Netflix through a PC (while downscaling) and back over the internet to a desired device (e.g., N800). That way, you can be anywhere in the world, and still have access to the service.

Last edited by hordeman; 2010-10-31 at 00:04.

Maybe I'm off-base Den, but didn't you say in http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59534 that you were transcoding your videos to 400x240? Are Netflix videos available in less than/equal this resolution?
If you find a way to stream it to the device, the next obstacle is that you'd need to downscale it in "real-time" before streaming to the N8X0 because unfortunately anything over IIRC 400x240 is "un-watchable"/laggy. However, as Addison mentioned if you are careful with your transcoding parameters 720x480 (480i) is possible.