Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Looking for upgrades and installing battery eye. Thanks for your help

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
no worries.
might be worth installing conky too, will give you a slightly more graphical idea of whats going on

These threads are making me thankful I ./flasher-3.5'ed the EMMC. That said, having all other upgrade options fail me before flashing the EMMC was a giant pain in the ***.

My battery life is significantly improved -- at the end of a 12-hour day away from the charger, with wireless on and email/RSS/web checking, I can take a two-hour call and still be at half battery life.

I've also not had any of the issues I've seen in numerous bug threads (RSS, sound issues, media player widget problems, etc). Perhaps starting with the most minimal set of possible applications has helped me. Since the reflash, I keep minimal home-screens with less than 12 elements per screen, and only use the Calendar and Media Player widgets.

Justin

Last edited by wumpwoast; 2010-10-30 at 20:28.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I use just one screen, with 12 icons and two widgets: calendar and omweather.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Kill the tracker -

tracker-processes -t

(repeat 3 times).

And restart it at night, while charging (start and close system media player). It will pass data collection while on charger and it will stay calm after what until you download some files.

The Following User Says Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
I had the same issue after upgrade OTA via fapman to PR1.3. Constant 20% cpu usage, battery dead in 6 hours. Backed it up, flashed it and reinstalled and everything via the backup and it now runs like a dream.

I'm getting battery life I'd never seen before - even with PR1.2 I'd only be getting about 18 hours max. Now it's been 14 hours since I unplugged it from the charger and it's still at 75% with about 20 minutes of angry birds play included.

Only problem is I lost my angry birds progress in the update. Ho hum.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
Just today I completely flashed the device (emmc & FW) and reinstalled all previous apps, restored everything from backup. The battery life is already noticeably improved. Before I did not flash the emmc, only the FW and was experiencing a battery drain (which i think is related to 3g data usage). I will report back if anything changes.

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Kill the tracker -

tracker-processes -t

(repeat 3 times).

And restart it at night, while charging (start and close system media player). It will pass data collection while on charger and it will stay calm after what until you download some files.
I supose that this resolved the problem for me (by now). After 18h (8 of them in Tablet PC mode, while sleeping) I have about 35% battery and I have connected 3G for about 20 min, played music trought minijack about 1 hour 20min and made 2 calls and received 1.

I supose that you say to restart maemo while charging at night, for a lot of hours. I will do it this night. ¿Will then the problem of trackerd be solved or have I to make some change to kill it in every boot? ¿what is tracker for?

Thank you ver y much to all

EDIT TO SAY: ¡¡¡Confirmed!!! Battery now last more than a day, as before (maybe more, but I am not sure).

Last edited by malkavian; 2010-11-03 at 22:25.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cardiff
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
hmm my battery lasts even more with pr 1.3 ?? it is so much more stable right now, and THAT with 40 apps installed xd i dont have any problems.. it should be an app ?? try to look with conky, maybe one of the apps is using ur cpu constantly..

otherwise just backup ur apps and reflash with 1.3 + emmc it tooked me 20 minutes in total
agreed!!
after pr1.3, my batt become better, phone become smooth, very less lag, very less sound peak. maybe those who got problem need to do vanilla flash to clear back internal memory?
the least problem after pr1.3 is some app can't install. feeding it make phone a little lag, transmission make phone lag and sometime after several minutes download phone restart or hang....
other that that, i,m feel happy.
i should say to nokia, "HEY NOKIA, THIS IS SHOULD BE PR1.0 WHEN THE 1ST TIME I GOT THIS PHONE!!"