Active Topics

can't overclock also. my enhanced linux kernel is not up to date...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Yes, 20.2010.36-2 is PR1.3 (002 is the variant, in this case US/North America)

Are you in North America? If you flashed with the wrong image, (eg if you are in India), that could be causing your 3G issues. If you're in the US, you're on T-mobil I take it?

@woody; if it's to me; I'm in belgium.
2.5g

there has to be a way to overclock

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
My wife updated to PR1.3 OTA about a week ago and ever since, she says her phone has been acting up. Going slower instead of faster, always having problems connecting to 3G, and fMMS I know I need to set that up again.

My question is, if I reinstall PR1.3 using Nokia Software Updater, will it erase everything on her phone such as pictures and music? And will she need to reinstall all her programs and all?

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Falls Church, VA, USA
Originally Posted by anamorp View Post
Same here.. Drlaunch used to be on my n900 desktop screen, but whenever I restart/reboot the device, Drlaunch widget needs to be readded to the desktop again, I also noticed that i cannot connect to my 3G network. it keeps telling me that "Internet Connection Failed" I'm planning to flash it back to PR1.2, any help?fix?
DRLaunch had this problem with PR1.2; I stopped using that app after a few reboots because it became too much of a hassle to add it back just to have quick access to my favorite programs.

Try setting Internet Connections to connect to the 3G network rather than "Any connection."

Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
My wife updated to PR1.3 OTA about a week ago and ever since, she says her phone has been acting up. Going slower instead of faster, always having problems connecting to 3G, and fMMS I know I need to set that up again.

My question is, if I reinstall PR1.3 using Nokia Software Updater, will it erase everything on her phone such as pictures and music? And will she need to reinstall all her programs and all?
Yes, reflashing will erase everything on her phone such as pix and music and applications. Backup her phone before you do it. Flash with new image. Then, restore from the backup. Pix and music will be restored but not applications. Apps must be re-installed after a flash.

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Here, my problem is with DrLaunch. After updating with Ovi, it just doesn't show AT ALL.

I installed, removed, reinstalled, purged, reinstalled again, and NOTHING. Tried to look if by any chance some trace of my older installation in PR1.2 existed, but I failed.

BUT, at least, my battery life is WONDERFUL. I wasn't able to stand 4 hours, now I can manage to get 12!!!

my problem i cant look at stuff in portrait mode i have to call people with landscape and pick up with landscape, i mean its not that bad because the rest of this update rules its so much faster.
any fixes or is it just me?
i tried to set the phone only in portrait mode or automatic and it doesnt work.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Well, I guess I'll try a full reset (eMMC+OS) as soon as tablets.nokia work again.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I updated using OVI over USB. I made a backup, and I did NOT lose ANYTHING (pix, etc) from my N900.

I did spend the better part of the night re-loading software, but that's normal....

Last edited by RWFarley; 2010-10-31 at 01:34. Reason: diction