Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
The whole point is that all this ranting about people having bugs introduced by PR.1.3 is exactly the kind of crap this thread is about. Mindless *****ing, fueled by some irrational need to blame Nokia for everything that goes wrong with their device.

I have not had a single bug since PR1.3. And I know that if it was really that big of a deal, there wouldn't be ten threads about it, there'd be hundreds, and their content would involve countless statements from others confirming the bugs. Right now, most of the bug reports are people having some tiny component get broken - mind you, most likely not a Nokia-made one, but some third-party app - and blaming it on PR1.3. And half the time, you read that bug and see that the same thing works just as well for you still, so it's obviously not JUST PR1.3 that did this, but some combination of PR1.3 and other stuff. I mean, there's just as many posts around here of people going "everything is smoother" and "____ works better now" after PR1.3. But do you even notice those? No, apparently not. Because there's enough brainless twats not realizing that a smartphone, especially one like this, is a very complex system, and just because a change is introduced, it doesn't mean that it was that change itself that was the 'broken' element.

And frankly, expecting an update to not introduce bugs in third-party software on a system as open to hacking as this one is ridiculous. People are going to push this device out of the use cases any fixed set of employees can come up with in a limited time span. And when they do, some are bound to do some hacks that utilize an already existing bug, or implement it in a way that's just different than what the next update will bring in.

Look at Windows, for f'k's sake: They painstakingly preserve backwards compatibility, but if you don't hear about **** breaking when a new update rolls around, it's only because there's so much windows software out there that you don't notice, since ever bit of software has its own niche on the internet. Here you're confined to one device and one forum, so all the folk who see something go wrong and go "omg Nokia u suck so much this update ruined my phone" are concentrated and visible.

I am more than happy to admit that there's reason to get frustrated with the N900, and that there's reason to be frustrated with Nokia. I do not like how Nokia did the MyNokia thing in PR1.2 and how they fiddled with something regarding the FM transmitter in PR1.3 (it's mentioned by Mohammad in the unlock your FM transmitter thread).

But I will not pretend that all these frustrated folk are justified in their mindless, spoiled and self-righteous *****ing. Yes I realize their frustration is genuine. And I sympathize. But that shouldn't excuse irrational hostility, and frankly irrational though in general, whether against the latest update, the Nokia, the N900, or whatever else.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
screen is to small
I'd prefer a larger screen, too, but your post is trolling in this thread. That's enough of it.

In general, guys, there are several people in this thread who do nothing BUT gripe... and the same content post after post. The OP decided to start a positive thread. There is no reason to pollute it with negative counterpoints you've raised all over this forum, ad nauseum.

Give it a rest.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-10-30 at 19:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'd prefer a larger screen, too, but your post is trolling in this thread. That's enough of it.

In general, guys, there are several people in this thread who do nothing BUT gripe... and the same content post after post. The OP decided to start a positive thread. There is no reason to pollute it with negative counterpoints you've raised all over this forum, ad nauseum.

Give it a rest.
thats life itself unfortunately. positives and negatives go hand in hand. greatest cellphone lets buy it, oh shoot backstabbed by nokia. sh*t happens. you move on.

its more nauseating to keep reading junk and factual information gets lost in the midst of hundreds of useless threads and posts. that definitely requires a lot of attention

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Point is if someone wants to start a positive-minded thread he shouldn't have to deal with anyone injecting their gripes into it. I have complaints of my own, and they're provided in proper context in threads designed for it.

I've been pretty lax with moderating, but enough is really enough.

For those who want to provide constructive criticism, this is a great place.

For those wanting to bash over and over, take it to Gizmodo. They appreciate it.

So back on topic. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
no

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
no
Who's a cute troll? You're a cute troll! Coochie coo! Yes you are! Yes you are! Coochie coochie coo.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
i'm (or maybe was) a total noob, i still never used linux (ubunto/debian...) and damm it i love my n900, why would i want to buy a ****ing iphone ? or an android ?
i'm only 16, a dude that needs text messaging, calling, emailling, chatting, skype, WEB browsing, camera, music and some games .
and my n900 does them all best, really and i can do them all at the same time, without any problem what so ever, and thats enough to make this phone the best out there.....
all my friends love my n900, specially the iphone owners, they play arround with my n900 with the WOW on their faces (= .
my friend got the n8, so my other friend (with a 3gs, the biggest fanboy ) told him to buy a nokia n900, its the best nokia out there.
its the bloody best phone in the universe, even girls love it .
and now i am gainning x-terminal skills thanks to the guys here, i never needed pr1.3 (people were expecting an intergalactical wormehole generatorof some sort ), thank you nokia for this awesome device, i love it . and finally a thanks to the maemo5 developers and experts here, you guys rock .

Imo N900 does everything it promised to do (and much much more) - so I really see no reason for the continuous complaints by some people here.
I also dont understand why anyone was expecting new applications/features in PR1.3 - the phone has been released almost a year back and bugfixes were all that can be realistically expected.. and were delivered along with a lot of performance improvements.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Point is if someone wants to start a positive-minded thread he shouldn't have to deal with anyone injecting their gripes into it. I have complaints of my own, and they're provided in proper context in threads designed for it.

I've been pretty lax with moderating, but enough is really enough.

For those who want to provide constructive criticism, this is a great place.

For those wanting to bash over and over, take it to Gizmodo. They appreciate it.

So back on topic. Thanks.
Its not about positive minded thread or negative minded thread or complaints. Whole point is there shouldn't be any positive or negative threads at all unless under an issue based thread like you said yourself unless they're provided in proper context in threads designed for it... you are making a mockery of the whole forum by letting such silly and pointless threads to exist as a moderator. All the feelings need to be thrown out in the garbage and logical complaints can exist, so we can skim through the whole amulgum and its easier to find stuff, fix stuff and be more accessible to majority of users on the forum. By letting such garbage exist on and on and on is silly to say the least. One one hand you are saying enough is enough yet you don't understand the basic issue at hand. It is ironic. Otherwise, you will have to stop being negative at negative feedback if you are letting positive ones get away. If forum members have such feelings, they should be asked to go to their grandma instead of babbling here

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-10-31 at 16:30.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
i said i only have a couple of things to complain about me N900, that is me being positive...