Active Topics

Notices

Will pay for PRO version..

Dont want lyrics.. Dont want Ads!!!

Another vote for one pro version rather than modules.

And also a vote for gesture control. Winter is here, gloves are on, changing tracks with just a waggle using shake2control and default media player is very nice.

And perhaps most un-Maemo-ish of me I must say the main thing that keeps me coming back to Instinctiv is the eye-candy aspect. It just looks nicer than all the other players.

Anywho, good job, keep it comin.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
are you going to do a desktop client for OS' othr than Mac?
Mac (the official version), Windows and Linux should all be coming around the new year.

The Following User Says Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Peter, thanks for the NEW update...but why is the art so small in the landscape mode?? Is it possible to make it bigger. See, one of the coolest things about the portrait mode is the HUGE art display on the screen. That's what makes it so cool

I see flaw design under the portrait mode. Basically, you use the same buttons size as the portrait mode for landscape....that is why it takes up all the space, leaving no space to make the art bigger.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-10-28 at 01:09.

+1 for only 1 pro version

-1 for ads

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Peter,
Just testing out the new version and it took a while initially where it was very slow to do anything - even just rotating from portrait to landscape.

It now seems to have settled down and is performing nicely however I noticed something weird with the rotation...

If you hold the device up in portrait it rotates correctly, if you flip the device around it rotates to landscape correctly... However if you set the n900 down flat it appears to rotate to an intermediate state that is neither landscape or portrait as the coverart is beside the track information as in landscape mode but the screen is still in portrait display...

Looks weird and the cover art is truncated as there is not enough room horizontally to display it due to still being in portrait mode...

In the real world what this means is:

If you start up in landscape and rotate to portrait no problem. If however, you start it in portrait like from a fixed mount in a car or suttin', you now get a split landscape screen...

I prefer to use a Navigation program in portrait mode as it gives me more "look ahead". Previous portrait only versions of Instinctiv were great and much better than using the OEM player sideways.

Pulling it out of its mount and turning to landscape and then back to portrait solves this problem but it is a PITA that wasn't there before.

I'm back to using OEM now because of this bug in Instinctiv.
If this is all that has changed I'll roll back to Septembers build when I get a chance.
Were there any performance enhancements or was it just this bit?
Attached Images

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
I am thinking of rolling back to the previous version also because the landscape portrait is too small. The ONLY reason i am attractive to Instintiv is the AWESOME portrait mode w/ BIG ART...if you're creating landscape and make the art small, there is no difference from it compare to the default media player. So i might as well switch back to portrait mode ONLY.

Sorry Peter, that is not going to do it for me. I did suggest whenever you create landscape mode, do it so that the art is as big as the portrait.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2010-10-28 at 03:55.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
paid attention that there are /home/user/instictiv and /home/home/user/instictiv directory, that is not in user dir, is it old fixed bug or noone mentioned?

Last edited by ZogG; 2010-10-28 at 04:16.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
paid attention that there are /home/user/instictiv and /home/home/user/instictiv directory, that is not in user dir, is it old fixed bug or noone mentioned?
Mentioned that before (see above in the thread). Another problem is the requirement for Python to install Instinctiv (its installation and removal scripts are written in Python for some reason).

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ mother earth
hey peter can you add an option to save the album cover when using the identify function?

thank you in advance.