Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Furthermore i feel offended as a techie that you consider a larger iphone an 'internet tablet'.
Lol. Well because of the ipad the whole world now knows what an internet tablet is and now even Next and Dixons are releasing internet tablets to get on the band wagon. So whatever shortcomings the ipad may have it clearly is a trend setter.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Because the phone has so many bugs they don't want the average person to buy it.

Evidently they also do not want you to have a replacement one if your usb port falls off which is why a few of us here have been waiting for a replacement for over a month.

And although Apple is the most annoying company in the whole wide world and Steve Jobs is the most annoying person in the history of mankind it cannot be argued that they have done more than any other company to change how we view phones and they are now doing the same with internet tablets. Also many people love them because they just want a device that works rather than one where you need to spend half your day on an internet forum to get your device to function the way it should have from the outset.

Hmmm who started this thread. Seems I am the one doing the rambling rather than you.
You do know that Apple have hardware problems too? In my work i sometimes come in contact with people using Macs. I have discovered that Mac or specifically MacBook Pros can have a lose USB-contact. Also Mac users needs forums too.. there are a couple of them to help Mac users with problems. Apples products are mostly just overhyped and overpriced products.. If you make an comparason.. you could get the same juice but at half of the price Apple charge.

With Linux i get it cheaper with more power and pretty much no problems. I can configure it how i like.. and are not bound to any programs.

It's funny to talk with people with Apple devices.. they think that you will envy them... but they pretty soon realize they envy you

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think we should make a thread called "The Great Nokia vs Apple Debate" and just throw all these craps there.

@AlMehdi: I own Apple and Windows notebooks (currently: the latest MacBook Pro 17" and an ASUS G73JH screamer) and although I get more hardware out of the ASUS (Quad core i7, 8GB ram, 2x 500GB hdd, ATI 5870M) at slightly more than half of Apple's price, I still ponied up the money to get a macbook pro and I think it's worth it. I'm not going to go on a point by point comparison, suffice to say that you can't always quantify the value of a product by just going on its spec sheet and thru hearsay/imagining how it would work.

Yes, I still use linux (ubuntu and debian), solaris and freebsd for different things on my arsenal. The ASUS is mainly for gaming.

ps: I rarely envy people for their technofaith or their possessions.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by mmr View Post
A thought just occured to me, Ive just finished a typical day with my n900. A couple of skype video calls, recieved a few SIP calls with multiple providers, downloaded a film from thepiratebay using transmission and watched it on the multi codec built in media player, downloaded a book from irc and read that on fbreader. Can you imagine a Steve Jobs-style-Nokian with a N900 and why oh why dont they tell peeps what their phones can do?
HI where did u download books?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
N900 has become the ultimate "would of, could of, should of"
s/of/have/g

Please use a verb in clauses, instead a homophonic (due to lazy pronunciation by many people) preposition.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buchanmilne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
I have had my beautiful N900 for all of 19 hours and I love the thing. But I'm a big fan of Apple in the laptop dept. I had Windows laptop after Windows laptop and since buying my MacBook Pro in 2007, I've never looked back. But friends with the iPhone, well, I've just always looked at it and thought, nah! Where's your real qwerty, and more to the point, why isn't it a Nokia?! I've always had Nokias since 1995 with the grey and massive 101, and now I have moved into 2010 with the amazing N900. And I'm happy with it. But just because Apple have turned mobile users into sheep with the iPhone, doesn't necessarily mean all of their spawn are dumb idiots. By the way, is there REALLY an app for throwing your N900 into the air??! Why on earth...?!

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think we should make a thread called "The Great Nokia vs Apple Debate" and just throw all these craps there.

@AlMehdi: I own Apple and Windows notebooks (currently: the latest MacBook Pro 17" and an ASUS G73JH screamer) and although I get more hardware out of the ASUS (Quad core i7, 8GB ram, 2x 500GB hdd, ATI 5870M) at slightly more than half of Apple's price, I still ponied up the money to get a macbook pro and I think it's worth it. I'm not going to go on a point by point comparison, suffice to say that you can't always quantify the value of a product by just going on its spec sheet and thru hearsay/imagining how it would work.

Yes, I still use linux (ubuntu and debian), solaris and freebsd for different things on my arsenal. The ASUS is mainly for gaming.

ps: I rarely envy people for their technofaith or their possessions.
The thing is that Mac users and Apple say that "It simply works" even though it isn't like that. Macs got their fair deal of problems too as do Linux. I have not found any reason why Mac would do better than Ubuntu except Photoshop but that is about to change so is gaming. If i like i could make my Ubuntu machine look like OSX.. some part does.. but i have taking it a step longer (so it looks even better).

So why buy something that cost double as much but don't give anything extra?

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Agree with you.. My ubuntu completely transforms into MacOSx with some themes..and not to mention the new gnome 3.0 .. and all! its sweet!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
you can't always quantify the value of a product by just going on its spec sheet and thru hearsay/imagining how it would work.
of course you can't. but with unnamed product it is kinda cute that official forums cannot be used if you have issues. tmo would be totally pro nokia site if it would enforce similar moderation to apples forums.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
s/of/have/g

Please use a verb in clauses, instead a homophonic (due to lazy pronunciation by many people) preposition.
I am too lazy to use correct grammar/spelling most of the time on these forums, but I have to admit this bothers me too.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.