Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by itomek View Post
Hi

Is there any way to disable auto download attachments if I open email ??? This is the only bug I see - N900 downloads all email, with attachement, I would like to download attachement only on request.
It should not download attachements if you are using IMAP. If POP3 then it seems to download. This has been already said in this thread.

OR is it still downloading while you are using IMAP.

I use IMAP4 , I do not use POP3. And when I want to view message it automatically download all email, also with attachements. I would like to disable it because it use all my GPRS traffic...

don't complain about Nokia and N900!
N900 is turning into the new iPhone: if you complain, you're wrong... N900 is just perfect!
Even if its basic functions still doesn't work near to usable after a year of its release... and wait, YOU CAN FIX IT FOR YOURSELF, STOP COMPLAINING!

of course, that's not me, that's some people on this forum... people that makes Nokia keeping releasing crap, as everybody says it isn't

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivnvir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
It's a common feature among all popular smartphone platforms. That's the point I was making.
To you. To Nokias competitors. Maybe not to Nokia. Do not expect!

And next I have to test this attachement download by myself. Oh dear. So letīs see. First Iīm going to try 7zp 1 megabyte file and monitor data rate on Wlan over gmail imap on modest.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by slender View Post
To you. To Nokias competitors. Maybe not to Nokia.
Precisely.

That's why they're losing their competitive edge.

You keep missing the point; I don't expect them to, but I HOPE that they do for their own sake.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I've tested it with common mail servers using IMAP connection and all time I see that all email is downloaded, with attachements. I would like to disable it and then I will glorify my n900

It should not download attachements if you are using IMAP. If POP3 then it seems to download. This has been already said in this thread.

OR is it still downloading while you are using IMAP.

What version of Modest do you use? My version 3.2.13 which is default (I think) is downloading all email in IMAP mode (not only body, but with attachements).

Originally Posted by itomek View Post
What version of Modest do you use? My version 3.2.13 which is default (I think) is downloading all email in IMAP mode (not only body, but with attachements).
The one what I already Linked to this Thread. Please read thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
I've read this thread, found 3.2.13 portrait version, I will give it a try!

The one what I already Linked to this Thread. Please read thread.
Hi

I've installed portrait version that you have mentioned - it still downloads attachements automatically - as I said , I use IMAP connection. Any other solution?