Poll: How many applets (7 by default)
Poll Options
How many applets (7 by default)

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
inoshishi, remember, more applets you have - less space for Title. Especially in portrait (9 will kill Title "slightly less than fully", 10 kills Title completely). It means you will unable to reach menu by tape on application title (because there is no Title at all in this case) and you can't see Title.
You're right, completely killing the Title is not a good idea. If we can remove the two Telescope applets (menu and application switcher), 8 should be fine.

Looking for beta testers for a price comparison engine:
http://www.shoptimate.com

Not to be counter intuitive, but is there a way to also shorten the bar to add more screen space for the title?

After the recent introduction of sysui, I find my bar to be a bit empty with all my usual applets taken care of by sysui.

P.S. Also if you don't mind, does anybody know of any wonderful fonts that seem to compliment the device well? I find the usual installed fonts already boring.

No. Same thing for both modes.
The reason why I really wanna have 9 applets is:
1. Telescope applet
2. Advanced power applet
3. advanced brightness applet
4. load applet
5. IM applet
6. connection status applet
7. big statusbarclock hours
8. big statusbarclock minutes
9. Telescope Launcher applet (without it 8 is ok) or minigpsd applet.
This list is wonderful. I already have some of these but what applets are number 5, 6 and 8?
Are number 5 and 6, RTCOMM and the default connection applet? Tried to set up RTCOMM a while back with the default connection applet and was told to abandon it because it was considered old.

A link to the related threads or .debs would be wonderful.
Thanks again.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
5 and 6 is built-in applets of wireless connection status (mobile phone or ad-hock or Hot spot) and status of built-in Instant messenger.
7 and 8 is two applets of one thing. The clock use space of two applets because it is pretty big. Ok, tomorrow I will make a two packages: for 9 and 10 applets.

I already installed the package posted by mitrandir for libhildondesktop which enables 12 applets, what happens if I install your package ? can I tweak your theme.xml to have 12 applets ? how can I retain 12 applets and still install your latest candy ?
I need at least 12 but would prefer 14 because I have no room for software update icon

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
giladmttw
wtf, dude Do u really use all this applets in the same time?!
If you install theme update your modified files will be overwritten by new ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
giladmttw
wtf, dude Do u really use all this applets in the same time?!
If you install theme update your modified files will be overwritten by new ones.
Not at the same time but it's better to have an icon you rarely use - like usb for moving a file to a usb key once a month than to have more title area which has no use at all. I will install your deb anyway for a fresh look.