Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Why Is it so difficult to adapt Softwares to the N900??
It is trivial. Grab the SDK, my source package, and the newest source tarball. Reapply patches. Fix the (usually) trivial failed patch. Ship.

I am waiting for some consensus on the libsdlttf2.0-0 topic.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Well, new version is up. I personally never upgraded to the "problematic" libsdl-ttf2.0, and this worked for me, so I guess it will work at least for everyone who also did not.

On the good side, I was impressed by the noticeable speed bump in at least one commercial game. Do note that my expectations are usually low, though.

NOTE: You should ensure you have access to older versions of the package before upgrading. If you find it breaks "your favorite game", all I will be able to say is: "Sorry. Try again in a later version" _unless_ the regression was caused by me (for example if it doesn't happen on the Pandora).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
OW GOD

Canīt wait to test.

Thank you, javis!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I havent used this for ages, theres been at least 2 updates since ive used it.......

I imagine it would be much better !! Will give it another try sometime.

Great work javispedro !!

Iīm at work. Canīt test it now. =/

Oh, crap.

Someone tested it and want to give me some good news? :P

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Well, new version is up. I personally never upgraded to the "problematic" libsdl-ttf2.0, and this worked for me, so I guess it will work at least for everyone who also did not.

On the good side, I was impressed by the noticeable speed bump in at least one commercial game. Do note that my expectations are usually low, though.

NOTE: You should ensure you have access to older versions of the package before upgrading. If you find it breaks "your favorite game", all I will be able to say is: "Sorry. Try again in a later version" _unless_ the regression was caused by me (for example if it doesn't happen on the Pandora).
I've got latest libsdl-ttf2.0-0 installed and had no issue updating. Plays perfectly and Mario Kart 64 (only game I had time to test) has had a noticeable speed bump.

Very quiet in here. Probably because everyone is going nuts over the Rollercoaster 3D demo (played it, its average).

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
Thanks for the update!
i have tested with Goldeney PAL it's no change, no more fast.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
javispedro thanks for the update

I really don't see the speed upgrade tho...
I wonder if we will see someday StarCraft64 playable.

Originally Posted by Magik View Post
I really don't see the speed upgrade tho...
I wonder if we will see someday StarCraft64 playable.
5-10% isn't exactly so noticeable but its a step in the right direction. I am getting at least 2-3FPS more in several games and load/save state will come in handy.

As for StarCraft64, I recall reading it was fixed in most recent version (which Adventus hasn't released) perhaps I am imagining it, however.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Tried Mario 64, It seems a mite bit smoother/faster. Not able to load my save game in Zelda OoT but I understand that's the config issue still. I have tried a few games that would not work before (Indiana Jones/Bangai-o) and they still don't.

But we have an update.....woot. There is still life in the project

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64