Active Topics

Anyone can guess what the "Chr" key on the keyboard does ?

Same as everyone else on the dpad location... at least the "escape" key still seems do be on the left edge of the screen, that's useful as a "back" key in the browser.

Too bad the cover didn't make it back...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
A poor and uninspired effort to be honest, every iteration is a step down from the 770.
I have to disagree with you there. There's not much I liked about the 770 at all. I liked the N800 quite a bit.

Of course, how good the N810 is going to be depends on far more than what pictures show us, as you said. Is the hardware going to be better? Is the camera going to be a decent resolution this time? It's just simply too early to be entirely negative about something when all the important information isn't known yet.

And you guys in the UK must have very small pockets.

Last edited by zerojay; 2007-10-17 at 12:53.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
I do believe someone at Nokia may have been looking at one of my concepts a bit too hard. It's a fresh design, but it will take some getting used to. Hope there's another camera on the back, but I do like the menu buttons, and it looks like the zoom and toggle buttons have been brought back from the 770. Can't wait to see final specs of this device.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

What is the litte thing above the camera ?
Also is the firmware the 810 running the next one for the n800 as well ?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Guys, guys, guys... it's meant to be a different device than the N800. The focus here is on the built-in keyboard, with the expectation that it will be used. Hence the Dpad move is no big deal in that context. In fact, it allowed the device to be shortened.

I'm reminded of those who claimed the N800 would be rendered obsolete by this. Come on. The N800 is still useful, and much cheaper now. This is an addition, not a replacement.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Hey tex is the screen size same... and what happens to the stand when we slide out the keyboard???

I'm buying one. My desire for a keyboard outweighs the inconvenience of the dpad. On the other hand it's entirely possible that the N810 is very comfortable to use with keyboard extended to the point where I'd automatically extend it while surfing.

Texrat. Well we be getting the full specs list today?

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by zeez View Post
What is the litte thing above the camera ?
Light sensor. Probably will be used for automatic brightness level changing of the screen in different lighting situations. Good for battery life I suppose.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
And is the dpad a touch pad like the e90 or the n81???

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Noneus View Post
I like the looks. I think it looks better than the N800.
I agree. Setting functionality issues aside, and just looking at, well, looks, to my eyes the N810 is the more attractive device. I'm easy to please though. Replacing the cheap silver plastic face of the N800 with simple grey was enough to win my support.

Originally Posted by Noneus View Post
I don't know about the keyboard.
I share this sentiment as well. I'd rather Nokia had slimmed the device down, but then I seem to in the minority as someone happy using handwriting recognition as my primary input method.