Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ

Nokia N810

ROFL

That's the Nokia 810, not the Nseries N810.

Nseries FTW. I really really want an N95 8Gig.

compusa had the n800 in store before pretty much anyone had them for sale.

anyone know of a way to search the compusa system?

Nice catch. Though I don't think they'll be selling the N810 too soon. Maybe mid-november or even december, if not 2008Q1. Why, because they wouldn't bother releasing a sdhc-fix for Bora if Chinook is so close now, would they? OTOH I gotta admit that the new bora release was just a kernel fix, and they had to make/test/ready that for the Chinook release anyway.

Or maybe N810 is not RX44 the new tablet, but just the WiMax edition of N800. We'll see in a few days.

Isn't it likely that Chinook will work on an N800 too? I can't see Nokia pissing off their customer base in the same way they did with the N770. It's entirely possible that apart from the keyboard and gps that nothing much will change between the 800 and 810.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Can it be that they just wrote it wrong ? wanted to write "N800" and wrote "N810" ?
We'll see.. but it might be the case.

No ... they say "New" internet tablet - and the event is right when the confidentiality on the FCC docs expire. I am pretty certain on this one.

Administrator | Posts: 4 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
Ok, two rumors here. First -- ThoughtFix's anonymous tipster points out a press release from Island Def Jam Music Group that mentions the new tablet that Nokia might announce this week -- the Nokia N810. From the press release:The party, co-sponsored by Island Def Jam Music Group, mSpot and Nokia, will showcase IDJ Radio, along with Nokia’s mobile sharing service MOSH and the new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet.The second rumor -- the Nokia N810 is to feature MOSH. MOSH is Nokia's social networking service, announced mid-September this year, allowing youÂ* to share applications, games, images, videos, audio, and documents directly from your computer as well as Nokia devices. I've dug up a MOSH article over at PC World that gives another clue about MOSH and the announcement this week:By the end of October, when the service expands its breadth, Linardos says the built-in device-detecting intelligence will be improved. He expects that by then, you'll be able to share content with someone, have them follow the link to download that content, and then MOSH will be able to detect what device you're on, and store that info for future reference.Lastly, I want to announce the Jaiku #itT channel (see the new #itT Jaiku badge on the main page). Together with ThoughtFix and some other bloggers, itT will be live Jaiku-ing at the Web 2.0 Summit this week, starting tomorrow. Feel free to post questions and comments in the channel. Note also that Mauku, an excellent Jaiku client, is now available for your Nokia Internet Tablet. Happy times!
Read the full article.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by disq View Post
Nice catch. Though I don't think they'll be selling the N810 too soon. Maybe mid-november or even december, if not 2008Q1. Why, because they wouldn't bother releasing a sdhc-fix for Bora if Chinook is so close now, would they? OTOH I gotta admit that the new bora release was just a kernel fix, and they had to make/test/ready that for the Chinook release anyway.

Or maybe N810 is not RX44 the new tablet, but just the WiMax edition of N800. We'll see in a few days.
There's no way the N810 this year has WiMax.