Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Thanks. Noticed that it works again.

Best would be if average and max speed would also be entered automatically.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Any plans to put interval training on this app? with beeps that indicate different intervals?
thanks

A pacemaker would be a nice feature: When starting an activity you say average speed=8 km/h and the N900 would beep if you differ to much. Difference could be dependant on the distance, so the farther you are the difference to make a pace beeb could be lower, as with more distance it takes more time to reach your average speed.

When recording has been stopped, and I go to Data-tab, the distance and duration of the exercise are reset to 0.
Is this a bug or a feature?
During the recoring it shows correct values and also the data entry in the calendar shows them. But I think it is a bug when you stop jogging and stop recording, you cannot see the data on the data-tab.
http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1282825576
Attached Images

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
It would also be nice if Pause would really pause the activity. At the moment it still records and so the break will be calculated into average speed etc.

How is the Qt version progressing?

Hi all, it's high time to push Polar support into the official eCoach now.

How many have tried out Antti's Polar patch or the deb I posted a month ago? Does it work for you? Do you get zero or a reasonable BPM value?

--Martin

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Sorry for being so silent for some time. I have been so busy lately and got distracted from eCoach for a while

How well does this patch work? I have not yet tested this on eCoach. I have had my own hack for a long time but I have not published one reason being that it doesn't work always and it is so hackish' over all.

Does this Antti's patch solve the connecting delay issue? Because on my experiments it took sometimes very long time to get HR data from the device. If you compare how well the belt works with SportsTracker, it connects always very fast and you get HR data right away. Maybe the connection between the HR belt and Device is not one way (from belt to device) as i thought it would be.

I am going to make a new eCoach release this weekend that will fix at leas bug that occurs when user presses close in the main menu and when asked if s/he really wants to close, presses no and application hides the main windows anyway and stays on as a background process. This leads to a situation where user cant start application anymore from the menu without killing previuous eCoach process before.
I will again look into auto saving as it is requested by many users.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
OK i have just uploaded new eCoach 1.66 with GPX autosaving + couple of new sports for HeiaHeia + 1 bugfix. I will promote it to testing soon.

I've used Antti's patch for a month now, maybe a dozen runs and bike trips altogether. The delay is reasonable, connecting to the belt takes a handful of seconds and the heart rate is displayed after another 3-4 secs. I've had no problems whatsoever with reliability.

We don't understand the protocol well enough and the patch probably won't work for all users. My Polar uses 0xd1 as the key instead of 0xf1. I added another switch-case and now it WorksForMe(tm).

--Martin

The Following User Says Thank You to mvonweis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by mvonweis View Post
I've used Antti's patch for a month now, maybe a dozen runs and bike trips altogether. The delay is reasonable, connecting to the belt takes a handful of seconds and the heart rate is displayed after another 3-4 secs. I've had no problems whatsoever with reliability.

We don't understand the protocol well enough and the patch probably won't work for all users. My Polar uses 0xd1 as the key instead of 0xf1. I added another switch-case and now it WorksForMe(tm).

--Martin
I think your belt uses 0xf1 since I have set it originally as 0xd1. Anyhow, difference between 0xf1 and 0xd1 is only one bit (still no knowledge what it could be, chip revision or some other indicator). Also I have seen 0, 1, 2 and 3 in my dumps. IIRC one of those are pairs (1 and 2?) and it could be for example signal strength. It should be rather easy to verify by testing and also discover what are the rest of keys (battery, signal strength, signal quality, pulse quality, temp, etc.).

Unfortunately I broke my Nokia 6220c and I have no device to compare against Sports Tracker.

And also I think there is some problems to get connection and keep connection alive. When connection losses for some reason eCoach never tries to auto-connect I think. As a Sampo I think also there could be bidirectional communication protocol. Is that possible to set computer as Bluetooth repeater and snoop data?

br
Antti