Notices

Does anyone know if this will work with the VM folks have running on the N900?

There is a linux build of it, and it's open source:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/megamek/files/

This would be insanely awesome to get running on the Maemo 5.

Of course some work will probably be needed to make the UI a little more accessible, but it certainly shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.

I would be willing to make a monetary donation to the individual willing to take it on and of course produce results.

2d

Last edited by 2disbetter; 2010-09-13 at 12:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
A bump for continued interested and the hopes that someone will pick this up.

2d

bump-ski, come on you JAVA people you know you wanna work on this. Big giant robots shooting other big giant robots.

2d

Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
bump-ski, come on you JAVA people you know you wanna work on this. Big giant robots shooting other big giant robots.

2d
Bump. Just give this some more time in the sun.

2d.

So I got mmjre installed on my phone, and downloaded the linux build of this (which shouldn't matter as the java files should be the same for all platforms). It will start up and let me start a game, but before the server (and thus game) initialize I'm getting a:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

error. I'm guessing it's becuase the compilation is using somethign the runtime environment doesn't have.

Does anyone know what the most complete JRE is for the N900 atm? mmjre, was the only really packaged for use.

2d

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Have you tried Crimson Fields? It looks pretty much like that.

Look is not the issue. Content is. I don't want to play with tanks, I want to play with Battlemechs. Walking tanks if you will. Thanks though.

2d

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Have you tried Front Mission on the SNES emulator? Although only released in Japan there is an English (and other languages) translation out there.

It all about tactical mek combat but with a grid based system rather than hex. I have been playing for about a week now and it is rapidly becoming my fave SNES game.

Seems like a bit of work to hildonize those java windows... ill look into it

Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
So I got mmjre installed on my phone, and downloaded the linux build of this (which shouldn't matter as the java files should be the same for all platforms). It will start up and let me start a game, but before the server (and thus game) initialize I'm getting a:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

error. I'm guessing it's becuase the compilation is using somethign the runtime environment doesn't have.

Does anyone know what the most complete JRE is for the N900 atm? mmjre, was the only really packaged for use.

2d
Is the full stack trace of that exception available? Just that bit doesn't say much. mmjre is a full Sun JRE so it is as good as it gets.