Active Topics

Have I walked into a vodafone conference? This has to be the most pointless speech I have heard in one of these conferences (for those not watching vodafone chief executive is dribbling on about market research and smartphones, not really specific to nokia, just in general)

Definite bathroom break stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
About an hour and a half in to event, you have to insert some pointless **** into the mix for people to let people know when to go to the bathroom.

It's the same reason why clubs play Justin Bieber; so people know to go get drinks...

Edit: from engadget:

10:37AM Vittorio Colao, Chief Exec Vodafone, taking the stage.

10:52AM Vittorio's talking up the Vodafone network and how it can help developers. Privacy, security, and network speed / quality of service. He's droning on and on about "important activities." Hey Vitto, just provide us a fast pipe and we'll be fine, mkay?

10:57AM We're outta here!

Last edited by Mengs; 2010-09-14 at 10:04.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
Have I walked into a vodafone conference? This has to be the most pointless speech I have heard in one of these conferences (for those not watching vodafone chief executive is dribbling on about market research and smartphones, not really specific to nokia, just in general)
You walked into industry event. Shockingly there are industry people talking about the industry.

Game over yeah!!!

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
SO... Nokia Is Back ???

Back to its old habit of leaving (previous) customer disappointed

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Isn't this a 2 day event? or was that it?

If 2 days, then what can we expect from the second day?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by mece View Post
That N9 is NOT the E7 so nothing has changed in regards to the N9. It simply isn't at a stage where it can be announced, nor do we know if it will ever be.
E7 seems to be something, that was earlier rumored to be N98. http://blog.mobiles.co.uk/mobile-news/nokia-n98-leaks/

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by adhrie View Post
finally N900 mentioned
new apps?
What did they say about the N900?

wow. haven't been this bored since class lectures back in college.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
I hope this is a 2 day event otherwise I think you can start hammering a few nails into Nokia's coffin.

Granted they have some interesting idea's but frankly they need to stop sitting on their hands and get them out into the market. That has always been one of my biggest issues with Nokia, great ideas and such but slow as (insert 4 letter word here) to actually execute.