Active Topics

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Someone's mic has dropped out, lol, bet some fatty's kicked a transponder (happened to me more than once at conferences when on crew)

someone explain to me why the leaked "n9" was running symbian?

oh wait it was the E7 - minus a button

And another thing for the conspiracy theroists - could it be that the reason a former microsoft employee is Nokia's CEO is nothing to do with getting windows mobile 7, but is about getting official versions of office on the e series phones

The new CEO was head of the office software division after all and being able to include a basic office as part of the cost of your smartphone would be a big draw for many busy business bods

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
E7, N9 to me it doesn't matter unless I hear something official otherwise N9 is still rumor mill material.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed in their "looking into the future and stick with us" theme.

I'm one of those people that have supported Nokia for a long time and though I love my N900, I feel as if Nokia have forgotten about us. We, the people who have supported Nokia when they asked for it. When they promised us proper mfe, flash 10.1 etc etc.

I might be a bit too attached and emotional when talking about a company and a phone but for gods sakes, how many more time do I have to listen to the same song?!?

Even with changes; OPK - Elop, Vanjoki etc... You would still be a fool to put all your eggs in the Nokia basket hoping they would take care of you in the future, if you take care of them now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mengs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
rovio just announced mighty eagle for angry birds

"Angry birds was available for the n900 at launch" - might be the only mention the n900 gets :-(

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
"Angry birds was available for the n900 at launch" - might be the only mention the n900 gets :-(
I'm currently at work and am not able to listen in, just watching the engadget updates, but could you elaborate more on that? as in the context and what was meant by it?

Angry bird developer was letting people know about angry birds. He stated that angry birds had been available on the n900 since the game came out and that it was now rolling out to all symbian devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Just to clarify regarding the leaked and speculated phones, the E7 was leaked and some ill informed people speculated whether it was the N9, eventhough it was clearly running Symbian^3. Then the N9 leaked, which has a similar shape but looks a little like a macbook pro, and it was running meego in the pictures. It also has N9 printed on it. http://zomgitscj.com/2010/08/19/rumo...ontent=Twitter

That N9 is NOT the E7 so nothing has changed in regards to the N9. It simply isn't at a stage where it can be announced, nor do we know if it will ever be.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
Angry bird developer was letting people know about angry birds. He stated that angry birds had been available on the n900 since the game came out and that it was now rolling out to all symbian devices.
You may add "... after rolling out to Android devices."
So no Nokia devotion. They're just bringing it to as many platforms as technically possible.
But still it's great that the N900 got it quite early.