Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by sygys View Post
well great for you guys, but how are you guys planning to play online? In a while all games will have a encrypted key in the disc wich allows players with legal games to play online on their account.

A PS3 without being able to play online is like a ferrari without an engine. It sucks bigtime.

I'll just buy games and support the devellopers instead.
Valid points. It's a choice really.

On the other hand, there are some people like me. I don play online much if at all. Lack of time and most of my bandwidth is consumed already by constant downloading, so no room for online gaming.

I will continue to buy games that I like. FF versus XIII and Last Guardian for instance. These will demand an update killing the jailbreak.

Until then, I can enjoy the convenience of not having to switch blurays, faster loading times, lending games to friends who otherwise cannot buy them.

Sony already made piracy difficult with bluray. I cannot imagine many people being able to download 40gb of Killzone easily.

The world is not black or white. There are many shades of gray.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
umm NO. Read again. I said the PS3 won't detecting Jailbraking after update. does it meant it still working to you? LOL
ahh got it now, you should really say "PS3 won't detect jailbreak/PS3 won't be detecting jailbreak"

Anyway for some reason the dns trick doesn't work for me anymore after I formatted the HD, does it stil work for you?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
SONY blocked the D.N.S server method. it doesnt work for anyone anymore

it was predictable ...

yeah. the only online access i really wont is the ability to sync trophies with the server. i hope they figure that out. but i suppose it will be blocked after a day or so. once word spreads............................

Last edited by mr_xzibit; 2010-09-13 at 15:01. Reason: typo

Hi, sorry for being newbie. I searched the forms but could not find the source code or the instructions to modify psfreedom to patch for backup manger. Please take it easy on me, I am a newbie.

Corso85 - I saw a lot of post asking for the patched file to run on the n810. Can you help me with this or point me in the right direction? With your help, I can modify the source code to psfreedom 1.0 and release a version for the n800/n810.

Thanks,

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
well great for you guys, but how are you guys planning to play online? In a while all games will have a encrypted key in the disc wich allows players with legal games to play online on their account.

A PS3 without being able to play online is like a ferrari without an engine. It sucks bigtime.

This software allows you to use the hardware in many ways, including but not limited to running pirated software.

If I understand correct it also allows you to make full usage of the hardware, running an OS you prefer. Sony's Linux couldn't access all cores. Besides, this support was removed, while previously was advertised for.

Originally Posted by workingGuy View Post
Hi, sorry for being newbie. I searched the forms but could not find the source code or the instructions to modify psfreedom to patch for backup manger. Please take it easy on me, I am a newbie.
Refer to first post,

Originally Posted by workingGuy View Post
Corso85 - I saw a lot of post asking for the patched file to run on the n810. Can you help me with this or point me in the right direction? With your help, I can modify the source code to psfreedom 1.0 and release a version for the n800/n810.
Thanks,
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...n810+psfreedom

i have a 360 for playing online. far superior.

currently my playstation is like an empty shoe box.

psfreedom puts some shoes in it!

just saying the word "homebrew" makes you think "piracy" these days.