Active Topics

Hey there,

I'm a newbie here. I was wondering if I could get your guys' insights on something.

Via the N800 Opera browser, I've been having trouble downloading .debs from Maemo.org and garage.maemo.org. When I start a download, the managers shows an infinite download loop: 6%, 18%, 88%, 0%, 41%, 66%, 99%, 0%, etc. THEN the "Pause" button turns into "Resume". If I hit resume, it just goes through the same thing again. In my file manager, regardless of the true file size shown on the site, I ALWAYS end up with a 1MB file which can't be installed.

Here's what I've tried:
* Switched between MicroB and Opera engines
* Cleared ALL my personal settings
* Rebooted
* Tried downloading .debs and other files from different sites (no issues there)
* Tried downloading to internal memory and each of the internal cards
* Tried downloading with Minimo (but trying to do so crashes the browser)
* Tried downloading from both my Wifi and cell phone connections

I suspect it has something to do with their web site because on my desktop, using Firefox, those .deb downloads seem to download quickly till 33%, 2 second pause, then another 80%, 2 second pause, then finishes the download. But on my desktop, the file size is accurate (not a 1MB chunk).

I didn't have this issue before, but starting yesterday, I've ONLY experienced this on the maemo.org site. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
H.

The Following User Says Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
I had this same issue when trying to download themes. But if you just stop they are downloaded. Were for me anyway.

(Not to hijack the thread, but WHAT IS THE DEAL! with the themes being broken--expept for Plankton?)

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
same problem here..... But when i tried to install the one from my laptop... even that did not work!!

Thanks for your replys, guys! Even though it's not cool that the downloads are broken, I'm glad to know that it's not just me.

H.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
nuvo theme never worked 4 me

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Please file a bug to:
https://bugs.maemo.org/index.cgi

Same problem at the garage -- no luck on the 800, then downloaded to PC (after a few fits, said that it downloaded correctly) copied to flash card, tried a manual install, and it reported a corrupted file.

I will also check the maemo site and ensure that a bug report was filed.

Thanks, K.

Everyone:

I filed a bug report -- 2099

Thanks, K.

Thanks guys! I've repurposed my initial post, and plugged it in as a comment to the bug.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Still having issues completing downloads from Maemo, a week or so ago I had an issue dl from maemo with UKMP, Kontori advised to dl from PC then install, it finally worked doing it that way but now, today I was trying to dl Mclock .040 and am having the same issue, just keeps resetting dl %.