Active Topics

Notices

never mind, the problem was that crappy stealth manager.. I'm using normal backup manager now.
Which backup manager is the best to use atm? Is there a difference at all between them?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
It doesn't really stop updates. Updates always require the permission of the user at some point. Whether cause a game wants to do it or the PS3 connected to PSN found an update.

If you want to play online. You have to update. If a super new game requires an update to work. You have to update. Nothing the JB can do. at this point.

not strictly true. if say. C.O.D black ops comes bundled with f/w3.42. you can back it up to external drive. read files on pc. delete update folder. job done jb to the rescue

Originally Posted by mr_xzibit View Post
not strictly true. if say. C.O.D black ops comes bundled with f/w3.42. you can back it up to external drive. read files on pc. delete update folder. job done jb to the rescue
Theoretically, that is sound. but has anyone tried? perhaps there is a protection that stops the game from booting altogether if a file was missing.

Why does backup manager, copy everything?

I'd love to be wrong.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Amsterdam
thanx got it all working just fine now

Last edited by devon_1; 2010-09-15 at 00:11. Reason: solved

Got this working fine but.....

I fancy installing the GUI. Will this replace these files that are patched to make the backup loader work?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by b15cu1t View Post
Got this working fine but.....

I fancy installing the GUI. Will this replace these files that are patched to make the backup loader work?
there is everything in instruction, but if you are lazy just to read before asking i'll repeat.

you need to download the patched module (*.ko) for default kernel and put it in /opt/psfreedom/modules/omap1 or patched module for power-user and put it in /opt/psfreedom/modules/power40 . it depends on what kernel u use (check it with uname -r). the more detailed instruction and links for everything in the first post.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
So we can update and still use psfreedom and backup manager?
umm NO. Read again. I said the PS3 won't detecting Jailbraking after update. does it meant it still working to you? LOL

Looking at your situation. Here is what I think you should do:

Root your N900. (Give yourself super admin privileges)
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/rootsh/

When you click on the download link. You get an .install file. Transfer that to your N900. You can do that over USB. Just plug in your N900 to your Windows PC. It'll show up. Place the file anywhere there.

Unplug your N900 from your PC. (You have to do this, so don't get trouble in the next step)

On the N900, using the file manager, go to that place you put the file. Click on it. Application Manager will pick it up and try to install it. You need to be connected over 3G. It's a tiny package. so it should take a few seconds.

Close Application Manager and File Manager.

Plug back your N900 to your PC. Now transfer the 3 PSFreedom Files from my first post (USB). (2 .sh and 1 .ko). to the N900.

Launch the Terminal on your n900. Type:
Code:
root
Now we need to navigate to the place you put the 3 files. What usually shows up on windows when you plug the N900 is MyDocs....so.... in the Terminal on the n900 (Case Sensitive):
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
To know whats currently in that directory. Type:
Code:
ls
Finally once you confirm you're at the place where the 3 files are. Type:
Code:
sh ./psfreedom-enable.sh
Man, tnx so much for your time and little tut, but i have 1 prob:

I transferred 3 files you mentioned to my N900 - I plugged USB to my PC, on N900 click on mass storage mode, PC detects N900 and i just copied files there(My letter in windows for N900 is X, so i just copied files to X\: and now when i type:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
N900 says:
Code:
Can`t cd to home/user/MyDocs
I didnt understand this part, how can i find the 3 files i transferred to my N900?

Last edited by alexstx; 2010-09-13 at 12:06.

/home/blabla
not
home/blabla

well great for you guys, but how are you guys planning to play online? In a while all games will have a encrypted key in the disc wich allows players with legal games to play online on their account.

A PS3 without being able to play online is like a ferrari without an engine. It sucks bigtime.

I'll just buy games and support the devellopers instead.