Active Topics

uninstalled zenity and imagemagick

but that weird left top black box is still there
Attached Images

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Looks like the problem D-livil is experience. The uninstall did not put back the background. If you reinstall the theme.. it should get back as normal.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

that fixed it for me

D-livil: I am not sure i am doing something wrong.. but all my icons are from "hicolor" (i know cause i changed them). When i chose your pleego-theme it doesn't change to the icons in the pleego-icon folder. Maybe i have to install theme-pack 1?

A switch to gtkrc should be easy. I just want to test things out a little bit more before i release a new version.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
D-livil: I am not sure i am doing something wrong.. but all my icons are from "hicolor" (i know cause i changed them). When i chose your pleego-theme it doesn't change to the icons in the pleego-icon folder. Maybe i have to install theme-pack 1?

A switch to gtkrc should be easy. I just want to test things out a little bit more before i release a new version.
As I stated earlier my themes doesn't include icons for apps atm. I'm just suggesting that your script should look into dir defined in gtkrc JUST IN CASE there might be some icons. I'm not talkint about Plastic theme alone, more like general matter and how themes define their custom iconset path

But now that you have Pleego installed; try dropping some icons under the pleego's icons folder and they will be automaticly used instead of hicolor ones.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
As I stated earlier my themes doesn't include icons for apps atm. I'm just suggesting that your script should look into dir defined in gtkrc JUST IN CASE there might be some icons. I'm not talkint about Plastic theme alone, more like general matter and how themes define their custom iconset path

But now that you have Pleego installed; try dropping some icons under the pleego's icons folder and they will be automaticly used instead of hicolor ones.
Ahh.. of course.. should have thought of that myself. When you said third party apps i thought it was supposed to have for the native ones. But as those folders are empty.. they get them from hicolor instead

I need to download more themes. If there are any difference in the gtkrc. There might be some themes doing things different. But you are right that it is probably better to use the gtkrc.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-09-12 at 21:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
I have now been testing a lot and the uninstall and recovery process should work. I tested a couple of themes and nothing strange happened. The only thing left is would be if an icon is located in a strange folder.. but that is something i can not test without your help.

It should be pretty stable now. If everything go well and i don't think of any more things.. i will remove it from beta state.

You can download the last version Beta14 from the first post.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-09-13 at 21:23.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
When you resize the icons the menu looks ugly.
I've made some changes in matan's modified hildon-home.
I don't need to rezise the icons anymore
Let me try to rezise the icons backgrund and I'll send the changes to matan.
Then we can get a more easy settings plugin or something for this.

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
When you resize the icons the menu looks ugly.
I've made some changes in matan's modified hildon-home.
I don't need to rezise the icons anymore
Let me try to rezise the icons backgrund and I'll send the changes to matan.
Then we can get a more easy settings plugin or something for this.
Sounds great! I would have done a plugin.. if i knew how. The perfect would be to offer all the "theming settings" in the same entry. Including the "font changer" and if possible bookmarks and characters (but that is maybe another project).

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-09-14 at 05:40.

I would like to hear some feedback with Beta14. Did everything go well or do somebody still experience problems?