Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
Please read the wiki
http://wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON

i did , and i tried to send an sms message from another phone with this command .

COM_POWEROFF = 'Poweroff'

Sent to my n900 and just recived the message and nothing happened

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by onasre View Post
i did , and i tried to send an sms message from another phone with this command .

COM_POWEROFF = 'Poweroff'

Sent to my n900 and just recived the message and nothing happened
Just send "Poweroff" (without the quotes). If you need something else you can rename this command using the editor or editing the config file.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Poland
@ Saturn, digitalvoid
Can you help me?
Why it isn't working for me?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=170

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by knypek3 View Post
@ Saturn, digitalvoid
Can you help me?
Why it isn't working for me?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=170
Haven't forgotten you, but I'm out of ideas for the moment. I'll make a new release later with some more protections and i'll send you instructions to do a complete wipeout of settings and files. Maybe you have some leftovers from older versions.

I got the following mail with questions and I think it's better to answer here:
I apologize for asking stupid questions. I guess the Wiki isn't too clear, cause I have read the wiki and tried to make sense of it all. What follows may be answered already, I am just not clear, so pardon me if they have been answered. I haven't been able to test this because I only have one phone.
I got the impression from looking through the configuration file that only one phone number could send SMS messages to smscon and that smscon would only reply to that number. So, whatever phone sends the message will get the reply from the n900?
The default number you'll configure is the number that it will receive an sms if the SIM gets echanged.
It will also get replaced with a new number when a phone requests a command to be executed.

I have also read the wiki and it wasn't really clear about what would trigger smscon. So if anyone was to send me a message with one of the commands in it they would be able to control it? Isn't there some form of password protection / code words that will trigger smscon_d?
In short yes. If a valid command arrives (valid commands are defined in the config file) will control your phone.
The protection you have is that you can rename the commands with you own (and secret) phrases/words.

I would like to be able to do both simultaneously: email and sms replies.
that's a feature request; I will pass it to digitalvoid for consideration.

Device lock. I'm not sure from what I am reading what lock is and how one unlocks the phone. Is that just a lock screen meaning the user just has to swip screen to unlock or is it a password or a sim lock?
It triggers the phone lock and it is resilient to reflashes. You need to change it from the default (12345) in the settings menu > Device Lock.

reset. I am not sure about the factory default. What does this do? Does it reset the phone and wipe all of the databases, etc???? or does it reset the smscon to its defaults?
It only resets smscon. That is, kills the process, deletes the config, removes itself from the boot sequence and kills any open reverse-ssh connection.

Again, apologies if I should have understood this from the wiki.
Thanks, we'll try to improve it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
thx , the command works now , i also have the probelm that when click smscon icon it just open the xterm then disappear , but when click the smscon editor icon it opens and i can edit the setting from GUI menu but it never Start the Smscon daemon after reboot. i enabled it from ' Enable Smscon on device boot ' setting . but each time i reboot the N900 and check the status i find it always Off and having to enable it .

thx , the command works now , i also have the probelm that when click smscon icon it just open the xterm then disappear , but when click the smscon editor icon it opens and i can edit the setting from GUI menu but it never Start the Smscon daemon after reboot. i enabled it from ' Enable Smscon on device boot ' setting . but each time i reboot the N900 and check the status i find it always Off and having to enable it .
That boot option is in the known and confirmed issues (see wiki).
The icon in the application menu for the SMSCON will be removed or transformed to do something else in the future. Now it doesn't do much (just displays the commands) and the window closes.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
The smscon icon has no real purpose (was only made for testing).
In future release the icon will open X-terminal (in root) and will shows smscon commandline options. Otherwise use the smscon config editor (separate package).

@ all:

I will release a new package soon, were a lot of bugs are solved. When release is there, wiki also will be updated.

New release of the SMSCON Editor (version 0.4.3-9).

changelog:
- added block on starting the UI as root (it should only be started as user)
- the editor will quit after calling the init or reset commands (after informing user).
- added slightly modified icons.
- added settings and permissions in sudoers file.
- cleanup of postinst instructions
- cleanup of commented out code.

You can find it in garage.

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-09-12 at 20:55.

thx for updating us .