Active Topics

ive been running all sorts of overclocks for like 3 or 4 months now
anywhere from 250 to 750 starving for battery all the way to
500 to 1150mhz ideal for speed

i did notice with wifi on, bluetooth on, ideal 1150mhz, and streaming a video the phone did get quite hot but it worked fine

it has shut down a couple of times here or there but over 90% of the time it just buzzes along just fine

no other phone lets me do a stone cold stunner on the undertaker in wwe no mercy on a n64 emulator while listening to radio and browsing the web at full speed while mobile

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Mine oc'd since july at 900 Mhz with lv load. Very stable no issues.
Tried lv@950 Mhz rebooted after 2-3 min.
tried stock voltage at 1000 Mhz, worked fine, until i ran streaming video over wifi. rebooted after 3 sec....
Then back to 950MHz with stock voltage. Ran fine for about 2-3 hours, but then suddenly device rebooted again, no reason why.
So now back at lv kernel at 900MHz that's the max. what my device can handle...

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
posted elsewhere but what the hell.

been running 500 - 1000MHz on ULV for a good while.
nothing upsets it.

ideal caused reboot within minutes of loading the settings. be cautious and don't set to default OC. set up beecon or something and you are all good.

I've been using titans kernels since the start and before that i flashed lehto's 250-900mhz at stock voltage, with kernel power i use ideal and controll it with the occp queen beecon widget it has 3 settings Ideal 500-850mhz, Ideal1Ghz 500-1000mhz and one that responds to the temperature which sets it at 250-500mhz when it gets to about 45 or 46°C i also have a hard sleep QB widget which aswell as setting it to 2g turning off the wifi & bluetooth and turning off the display it also sets my sleep OC profile of 250-500mhz,
I have had no problems running my N900 OC'd all the way up to 1150mhz when needed for emulators and things, seems like im one of the lucky ones with a rock solid super chip inside
I would definately recomend that anyont thinking of overclocking uses QBW's to control it and do your research before you start, i decided right at the begining that i would be happy with a 2 year life span for my N900,
But please remember it WILL VOID YOUR WARANTY and it will considerably REDUCE THE LIFE TIME OF YOUR N900.

Last edited by matts76; 2010-09-09 at 10:52.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by shaad View Post
yeah, in 2 months were going to have -20 .
Not all n900 have the same processor?
All have the same type of processor. There seems to be some variation between individual processors of this type in how well they tolerate being overclocked. I believe that is the difference that was being brought to light

Why do people think Ocing will break or shorten the life of the phone, theres a lot of paranoia based on nothing but theoretical research.

I've been running all my computer hardware over clocked on the edge of unstable for years without a single CPU burning out. And this is hardware running on high voltage, not a small battery.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
mine was running @ 850 for about 2 months till I changed it to 1000 about a month ago and it's been running great... I don't think I could ever do stock

I don't see how this is a review and I didn't read any risks here. This was more of a personal account of your experience overclocking. I have had my N900 since release day. First I OCed it to 800MHz, then 250MHz-950MHz, now I am running at 500MHz-1150MHz. I have not had one reboot, crash, error, or anything of that sort. I live in Southern California and lately it has been pretty warm. Useless thread with misleading title. There's already so many threads about OCing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Haha! me too! 500~1150MHz, stable, but the problem is the battery, under active usage is very short...

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Ok so lets say I want to over clock and don't undertstand those threads they got here. Can someone that speaks NOOB tell me how you do it. And when I say noob I mean I never used X Terminal just been installing apps and enjoying my devices even tho it freezes when I do light chatting and pop up chat bubbles come up every 2secs.