Active Topics

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Just ordered a 16Gb Kingston, as I noticed the phone function has gone from 'not working' to partially working, so its time to give this a go :-)

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
Just ordered a 16Gb Kingston, as I noticed the phone function has gone from 'not working' to partially working, so its time to give this a go :-)
What class mmc and what prize?

The Following User Says Thank You to rolan900d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Class 4 and 28 quid...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Lebanon
Shouldn't the update be available in extra-devel when we hit update in application manager or everytime we need to uninstall and install again to have the updated version???

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Lebanon

Shouldn't the update be available in extra-devel when we hit update in application manager or everytime we need to uninstall and install again to have the updated version???

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I followed myself on post #1, and made 2 more nitdroids, one on kingston 4G, one on Kingston 8G, including the 1st one I made, kingston 4 G, I have 3 booting nitdroids. They all are rated class 4. All finished in 5 - 6 minutes. However, they performed very very very differently.

1st Kingston 4G, class 4; cannot tell if it is NOT running maemo!
2nd Kingston 4G, class 4; slow, but still manageble, but is not fun.
3rd Kingston 8G, class 4; painfully slow, to the point it is painful; you type a command, it waits for 2 -3 second, then it starts to crank....

All made with same procedure thread #1; have all same apps; All I can say, is not all class 4 are created equal..

Bottomline, despite all the 'other' posts, I just went through the same instructions, with pre-partitioned, all finished in less than 10 minutes; you need to have a fast SD to have fun with nitdroid.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-06 at 16:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
woot, got it, tnx man

Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
woot, got it, tnx man
Great to hear !!
have fun mate

Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
...can i take that out and use another card...
Yes. See previous post.

bun

somebody asked about opera mini installation. Installation should be click at the .apk with file manager or a browser. Auto installation by nitdroid will NOT work.

bun

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900