Notices

Already did. It works fine for me. Now I can write sms and send them and I can see the previous ones! Thaanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
@scifi.guy, there is still issues:

I installed the latest version, I got a message that said "unable to install........." at the end of the installation process but VICaR now shows up in Call Type and in Contact Details.

However when I place a call via VICaR nothing happens, I do get the "This contact's application does not support calls" error.

I am holding off on trying anything for now, look forward to your steer....

The Following User Says Thank You to pmudgal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
@pdmudgal - Sent you a PM for troubleshooting.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
VICaR v0.5-0 released to extras-devel. Here is the change log.

* Added multi-profile support.
* Added local number support.

Starting with this release, VICaR can be used to call different CCs/GV/Skype-Out numbers based on the dialed number.

If a number matches more than one profile (Eg: +18001231234 matches both "+1" and "+1800" profiles) the profile on top in config screen will be used.

Call Directly on Default - If enabled, call will be placed directly via your mobile operator when no matching profile is found for a number.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
VICaR v0.5-0 released to extras-devel. Here is the change log.

* Added multi-profile support.
* Added local number support.
Ha, perfect timing! I've started using a new calling card number yesterday and quietly wished for profile support in Vicar. Turns out - we've been reading our minds. ;)

The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
@pmudgal - The issue you mentioned seems to occur once I restart the device after installation. I am looking into it.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
@pdmudgal - Sent you a PM for troubleshooting.

Using latest 0.5 built.
Got same error as pdmudgal although able to access sms.
when i try to add profile and enable routing...get message unable to enable call routing

Last edited by drangina; 2010-09-06 at 12:12.

@scifi.guy, can confirm that, i installed 0.5; had the same "unable to install ..." errors, but it worked fine after i set up a profile, but after a reboot same "this contact's appli ..." error and no calls placed.

Does it help if 0.5 like the recent previous versions still shows up as "Broken but updateable" in App Mgr?

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Just upgraded to 0.5 and set the new calling card profile but when I try to place a call through Vicar from contact card, I get "Availability must be online to perform this action" notification instead.

Btw, feature request: profile names.

Would it be possible to include ViCard into the settings menu instead of a standalone app?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post: