Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ singapore
I have the same problem I am thinking of going back to os2006.Hope that we can find the solution soon.

hmm, i too have OS2007, i never encounter this kind of problems, I installed almost all versions from past 2 months without any problems. (including the next coming beta too)

When I click on the maemo-mapper.install, my Application Manager pops up and says "Not Found?"

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Originally Posted by lsatblu View Post
When I click on the maemo-mapper.install, my Application Manager pops up and says "Not Found?"

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
try clicking the following link to install
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa....7-2_armel.deb

if you cant install from above link then probably this is problem with garage.maemo.org website, from few days i am not able to install any debs from this site. so one thing you can do. you can download the deb to you tablet and install that file from application manager. let us know if you encounter any problem.

When I click that link, I get a whole bunch of strange letters on my screen. This happens on my PC and Internet Tablet.

Originally Posted by Green_Star View Post
hmm, i too have OS2007, i never encounter this kind of problems, I installed almost all versions from past 2 months without any problems. (including the next coming beta too)
Which version of 2007 of you?

I guess I need to refresh to the most update hacker version. I guess it is because that my current version will show itself as an N800 but not N770. Seems that the most update hacker version of 2007 has fixed this.

Originally Posted by lsatblu View Post
When I click that link, I get a whole bunch of strange letters on my screen. This happens on my PC and Internet Tablet.
Yeah, I do see bunch of weird characters when ever I click the deb files in garage site. So what I did is, I downloaded in my desktop with "Firefox, right click on deb link-> save link as". Then I have gmailed the deb file myself in desktop, opened and downloaded that same deb attachment in my tablet. I installed that deb file using application manager in tablet. it sounds little long process but believe me i installed around 3 deb files by this process in less than 5 mins.

Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
Which version of 2007 of you?

I guess I need to refresh to the most update hacker version. I guess it is because that my current version will show itself as an N800 but not N770. Seems that the most update hacker version of 2007 has fixed this.

hmm, I do not remember which version I installed but I am sure I installed very latest version from Nokia website around 3 weeks back.

Yeah, I do encounter this problem most of the times, the automatic install process may install N800 version of software in N700 when you run OS2007. it happened to me when I tried to install Maemo Mapper software using the link in the first post of this thread. So I installed mapper software directly from deb file in garage site (which was gnuite's suggestion), from then onwards I like to install any software directly from deb files (for my N770 running OS2007)

Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
Anybody could help on this?

The problem was, I could not install 1.4.7.2 under 2007 hacker OS in 770. It prompted that "libsqlite3-0(>=3.3.5)" & "libxau0" were missing. I found libsqlite in the repositories and installed it manually (and it seems successful). But when I installed libxau0 manually (downloaded from repository manually), it told me that it was "incompatible" so not able to install.

Thanks!
Fyi, now I know why getting "incompatible" error when manually installing the libxxx.deb, and how to solve it.

In the application manager, activate the so call "red pill" mode then I can install the libxxx.deb files downloaded.

Step:
1. In application manager.
2. Tools -> Application Catalogue, New
3. In web address, just enter "matrix"
4. Then click "cancel"
5. A dialog will pop up, select "red"
6. Install the deb file via application manger... then it works!

The reason not able to install them previously is because the deb file is missing some sessions to determine the compatibility. But in so call "red pill mode", the check is omitted.

Reference:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...atible+package

http://hildon-app-mgr.garage.maemo.org/redpill.html

Hello,

Just a short question: Is it possible somehow to plan the route offline?