Poll: What is your maximum overclock?
Poll Options
What is your maximum overclock?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Oops.. should have read the OP. I picked my maximum oc i normally run. I am able to do 1.15 stable but picked 950 as i am normally not going higher.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Newport, Wales
it's okay, i already remove 1 from the 900mhz and add it to the 1150 cause of the same mistake, so now 1 from the 950mhz as well, from the looks of these numbers, N900 is a very good overclocker, i want to see blender working on the N900, i know there is a vid of it working, but i need the releaseeeee

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Overclock mine to 900 MHz, 24/7 no problem so far.
Tried LV 250 - 950 but rebooted, so i think 900 is max for me.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
I am overclocking at various speeds depending on what I have going on.

My N900 will not run on the "ideal" or "starving" voltages. Not at 1150 or even 850 Mhz. Don't really know why. Get reboot almost immediately.

Runs stable at 1100Mhz on ULV 24/7 no worries, tested with 15 + apps running simultaneously including three games and watching a video.

Haven't noticed any increase in temp either. So all is good with me.

Any thoughts on my phones aversion to Ideal and starving profiles would be appreciated.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Okay, I'm coming in on the tail end of this thread. My understanding was that overclocking voids the warranty. Is this true? With 9 pages of posts, I'm guessing either a) it doesn't, or b) the warranty is a whole lot shorter than I gave credit for.

So let me get this straight. You can overclock the N900 to nearly twice it's stock cpu speed and it...
  • Runs faster,
  • Runs cooler,
  • 1.5-2x the battery life,
  • doesn't void the warranty or the warranty is ridiculously short?

This being the case, is there a good howto on overclock + undervolt? I know it requires the power users kernel...Is it just that and setting the kernel settings as the post on page 1 of this thread?

I saw an overclocking guide on the web, but there was no mention of undervolting. It ran the phone hotter, shortened the life of the processor and voided the warranty. I had thought about Doing that, but wanted to wait until it was closer to the end of (what I thought was) the end of the warranty period.

Thanks a million, gang!
--vr

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
Okay, I'm coming in on the tail end of this thread. My understanding was that overclocking voids the warranty. Is this true? With 9 pages of posts, I'm guessing either a) it doesn't, or b) the warranty is a whole lot shorter than I gave credit for.

So let me get this straight. You can overclock the N900 to nearly twice it's stock cpu speed and it...
  • Runs faster,
  • Runs cooler,

This being the case, is there a good howto on overclock + undervolt? I know it requires the power users kernel...Is it just that and setting the kernel settings as the post on page 1 of this thread?

I saw an overclocking guide on the web, but there was no mention of undervolting. It ran the phone hotter, shortened the life of the processor and voided the warranty. I had thought about Doing that, but wanted to wait until it was closer to the end of (what I thought was) the end of the warranty period.

Thanks a million, gang!
--vr
Search for the thread 'Overclock your N900'...

• Runs faster,
  • Runs cooler,
2 out of the 4

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I had the lehto kernel from day one (125-900) but yesterday I`ve tried the titan kernel just for fun and....oh my god! The difference in speed and responsiveness is great!I had it first at 250-900 LV and it was way better than the lehto at the same speed, then jumped to 250-1000 LV and there IS a difference in speed between 900 and 1000.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif

• Runs faster,
  • Runs cooler,

Thanks a million, gang!
--vr
http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I use 1.15ghz all the time for mypaint and playing music over angry birds, but wouldn't leave it unattended there. also useful/essential for flash sites like youtube.

never had any o/c related issues. for those that are thinking about it - do it!
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.