Active Topics

Hi there,

Looking for a way to prevent accidental answering of the phone while it's in my pocket. Slide to answer would be perfect, but I don't think it's available? Otherwise, some way of locking the screen (so requiring more than just one screen press) to answer/reject the call. I seem to accidentally reject 90% of the incoming calls on my N900, and am missing a lot of important ones.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to yosarian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
The screen is automatically locked during a call when the proximity sensor detects something in close proximity of the device. Therefore it is impossible to reject a call in your pocket. The screen is inactive in your pocket.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Well spoken and spot on

The Following User Says Thank You to rolan900d For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
The screen is automatically locked during a call when the proximity sensor detects something in close proximity of the device. Therefore it is impossible to reject a call in your pocket. The screen is inactive in your pocket.
Afaik just during the call, not before. I also have the problem that i accidentally answer or reject calls while i get the phone out of my pocket. Although there is a hack which should prevent that behavior, it doesnt work for me:

http://maemo.org/packages/view/call-locker/

The Following User Says Thank You to nebel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
I'm carrying my device in a leather case and It's definitely not locking up during a call, so It's not really doing its work on all use cases.

@nebel
Yeah It looks like a good solution for this problem, but not working for me either.

I have found that whilst what you say about the proximity sensor is true, it is most certainly possible to reject a call in my pocket. It happened to me 3 times today. I guess my pockets are large enough to move the phone far enough away from something that the proximity sensor doesn't engage, or it rejects when taking it out of my pocket or something. It might not be a problem for you, but it certainly is for me.

Originally Posted by rolan900d View Post
Well spoken and spot on
Not quite...

The Following User Says Thank You to yosarian For This Useful Post:
Oops...

The Following User Says Thank You to rolan900d For This Useful Post:
You say that it is impossible, yet this complaint is often repeated in this forum.

Consider the following scenario: N900 is in pocket, sensor side up. Phone rings, phone pulled partly out of pocket, so sensor is out, therefore the phone unlocks while most of the phone is still in the pocket. Reject button pressed unintentionally.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

the reject happen when you are take out of your packet and pull up the phone in some point the proximity sensor detect enough space for make the device touchable

Originally Posted by e0x View Post
the reject happen when you are take out of your packet and pull up the phone in some point the proximity sensor detect enough space for make the device touchable
Possibly/probably. Either way, some form of screen lock, or slide to unlock would solve this.

Any ideas?