Active Topics

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
I'm in the Portland, OR area (on tmobile..) and I get this crap ALL the time..

If I haven't rebooted the device in over a day, I typically have to force a reboot else I will start receiving 'General Error' when trying to make a call, and inbound calls go straight to voicemail without a ring.

It sounds like they are tinkering with the Network. I am near Division and California. My connections, as obvious from my initial post, have been really terrible. Is it possible that the service is terrible particular to the N900? Is that even possible?

If we were to call T-Mobile, who would be able to talk about this? Certainly not level one support. Any thoughts? Anyone on the board with T-Mobile who might be able to shed some light on this?

My N900 should get a clean bill of health from Nokia repair shortly which will allow me to have focused conversations with T-Mobile about their service. Maybe credit my account for a few bucks.

At home in Northwest Indiana the phone works most of the time. In Chicago downtown at work the phone works maybe 10% of the time.
Network busy or Network Error are always the factor.

I really think T-mobile is f'n around with the backhaul and causing congestion issues.

I just got confirmation that my phone is "fixed" and is en route back to Chicago. Hardware failure will be checked off the list and TMobile will be on the list to pay me back for all of the crap service.

When they told you the phone was fixed, how did they repair it or fix it.

They flashed it and re-installed the operating system (just as I had done).

I just made a call and received a call. Let's see how long this lasts. Their invoice is terrible. I may have to post a Twitpic of it later. Funny thing too, there is a voicemail on the phone from when they had it. They must have been testing it. Lord knows if it was out in the field or not but clearly, the phone was used for some worker's private business. A guy with a thick southern accent, from FEMA is looking for a particular person and address. Maybe I should google that guy as well.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Having similar issues in TX,sometimes I have full bars and cannot connect to 3G at all, if I switch to GSM I can connect 8 out of 10 times. I'm also getting a lot of "Cellular Network Failed and Network Busy

My phone has worked since I got it back on Friday. No errors yet. I will be traveling soon and will try the network strength in Kansas City.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ California, USA
Last week I was in Houston and could not connect to 3G at all and even GPRS was on and off all the time. Now in San Francisco Bay Area connection is unavailable more often then it is ok. I did not have any problems untill about 10days ago.

They must have done something in the area in Chicago I'm at. I now get close to 600KB/sec download speed. That's close to 5Mbit/sec. Before it was maybe 1Mbit/sec max.

Also my calls are more stable, most of my calls go out and I can receive calls as well.

Tags
general error