Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
i had the same issue trying to edit the file, just replaced it with maximus's, with cp command as root, mv didnt work.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Fcron solves the problem with a fcrontab entry

Here's mine:

Nokia-N900:~# fcrontab -l
20:02:31 listing root's fcrontab
!nolog(true)

# Update Locate DB
0 3 * * * /usr/bin/updatedb

# Bluetooth off
0 22 * * * /usr/bin/phone-control --btoff

# Bluetooth ON
30 10 * * * /usr/bin/phone-control --bton

# Cell Off Nightly
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/phone-control --celloff

# Cell On Dailey
0 8 * * * /usr/bin/phone-control --cellon

# Set Region from 2 to 4
@ 120 echo 4 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/region

Thought I would just include the whole crontab for FUN.

This sets it every 120 min. You could do just one at start, or every 30 min for that matter. It isn't much of a draw on energy or resources.

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
region works very well,until reboot. It changes back to 2. Any idea how to solve this??

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
region works very well,until reboot. It changes back to 2. Any idea how to solve this??
Shouldn't change back to 2 though. Hmm.. I see I got that too. I'll got to do more tethering and hope to find a perminant solution for you guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
well, region 4 problem was fixed long time ago (http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD#comment-16) and i'm quite amazed how people managed to get it to work without changing module/region ( which is impossible )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jacekowski View Post
well, region 4 problem was fixed long time ago (http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD#comment-16) and i'm quite amazed how people managed to get it to work without changing module/region ( which is impossible )
So "4" comes from the FMTXD binary?

I'm not clear on this?

I have a crontab setup for it, that won't work?

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
As I thought...

BTW; do you happen to know the offset where "Pilot" can be disabled?

SLN member # 009

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Can you suggest a better way to do a perminant hack on this?
This will surely helping people in Asian countries like Japan, and India. I know for sure that Japan using 76Mhz to 90Mhz. I found some things in the configuration files after spent a few hours looking through the core of this.

The regional setting will always changed back to default value "2" when restarted.
So I'm thinking of writting a simple applet script to do do a perminant solution but I'm short in knowledge of making shell batch script.
Also If someone could link me to the resource or share me the source code of the cpu applet then please let me know.

Maxxi

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Can you suggest a better way to do a perminant hack on this?
This will surely helping people in Asian countries like Japan, and India. I know for sure that Japan using 76Mhz to 90Mhz. I found some things in the configuration files after spent a few hours looking through the core of this.

The regional setting will always changed back to default value "2" when restarted.
So I'm thinking of writting a simple applet script to do do a perminant solution but I'm short in knowledge of making shell batch script.
Also If someone could link me to the resource or share me the source code of the cpu applet then please let me know.

Maxxi
Is there something wrong with how I did it above?

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Is there something wrong with how I did it above?
Can you explain more to this Fcon?
Just PM and we can do this over the email instead. Much easier to communicate than spamming the thread

I'm interested in getting this FM to be perminantly regional free for everyone.
Since this an opensource then It deserves to be open and anyone can make changes to the device setting.

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm