Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
We're still working out the kinks with a much simpler, prerequisite procedure: talking to girls.
pffft! my grandad was doing that on his 3230! really i expected more from u guys! :P

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by jbw89 View Post
My instinctiv keeps crashing i really dont know what to do! anny suggestions? thanx
anyone hase the answer?

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by jbw89 View Post
My instinctiv keeps crashing i really dont know what to do! anny suggestions? thanx
probably a segmentation fault, will be fixed in next version * hopefully*

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
What database the program uses to identify the songs?

How many songs this database has?

If it doesn´t recognize it, is there any way that I can add this info into the database?

Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
probably a segmentation fault, will be fixed in next version * hopefully*
Again apologies for the slow update cycle. We're at a point where we don't want to patch the existing back end storage model (which is responsible for the vast majority of pain right now) and are instead focused on rolling out an entirely redesigned back end. Sorry it's taking so long

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Take it slow, do it right. We'll be here.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Great, another music player for the N900 without basic play by folder. Seriously, how hard is that to implement? I'd have guessed playing by metadata is harder to code than simply list the directories in .sounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to nax3000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Great, another music player for the N900 without basic play by folder. Seriously, how hard is that to implement? I'd have guessed playing by metadata is harder to code than simply list the directories in .sounds.
You're right it's not hard to code. What's less clear, though, is how such an app would work. Do we show directories as playlists? What if there are nested directories? Do we just become a dumb file browser and if so, what's the use case -- why is searching/browsing by filepath or more useful (or even useful at all) over title/artist/album/etc?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
the one feature that would make this app for me would be the ability to select music by date i.e. play all new music copied onto the device... i regularly buy music and sync it ove to my n900 on a weekly basis and at this point with 3000+ tracks on there it gets lost or hard to find.

another great feature would be the ability to select music based on the rating found in the mp3's tag and to also let users rate music and then store this in the tag. most music players let you select music based on rating and popularity (number of times you listened to individual tracks). it was dissapointing that the built in player missed both of these features...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
what's the use case -- why is searching/browsing by filepath or more useful (or even useful at all) over title/artist/album/etc?
IMHO, first of all, many of us already have the mp3 ordered by folders. And not being able to add them this way is quite annoying.
The second example is if you have a folder with i.e. a compilation:Instead of losing ages by editing the id3 album tags and so on, adding the folder is the fastest way.
another reason, is that at least for me, I still have a lot of mp3 downloaded from napster, and whit really messy id3 tags.
4: is quite annoying seeing your favorite artist's songs splitted in many different lists couse you have "audioslave", "Audioslave", and "AUDIOSLAVE". Lists grow exponentially when spaces/other simbols are involved (ie depeche-mode, or red hot chili peppers).
Last one is: someone just hate searching in DBs. And this is exactly the reason why I'm not using your app.