Notices

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Hi I cant get the new bugfix/feature in 1.2.4 figured out.

I have tried to write only text and close. Write text and insert picture, and name. Where is FMMS supposed to save the MMS as a draft?

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Minneapolis, MN
Has anyone figured out the T-Mobile USA thumbnail issue? I've tried the user agent gconftool setting, different MMSCs, etc... fMMS worked great for a long time but since early June everything I receive is a thumbnail, out going MMS is fine, I've talked to T-Mobile more than once to no avail, I know this is really their issue but was wondering if anyone knows the right tweak/setting/whatever...

...and thanks Frals for the great work...

Hey guys im in australia, ive got it set up and im able to recieve mms from anyone but im only able to send mms to people on the same network, Vodafone. No one else seems to receive my msg's.

Any suggestions anyone???

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
I'm on Orange UK, I have the setting correct but I cant send or receive messages.
I could about 2 weeks ago as my girlfriend sent me some audio file and I've sent her a few photo's she's definitely received.

When I get a message I'm prompted about it, I click the message, I get the yellow bar saying 'Downloading Message' but after a few minutes it comes back saying 'Unable to retrieve message'.

When I try to send a message it gives me an error telling me to check my settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Originally Posted by drewdudemn View Post
Has anyone figured out the T-Mobile USA thumbnail issue? I've tried the user agent gconftool setting, different MMSCs, etc... fMMS worked great for a long time but since early June everything I receive is a thumbnail, out going MMS is fine, I've talked to T-Mobile more than once to no avail, I know this is really their issue but was wondering if anyone knows the right tweak/setting/whatever...

...and thanks Frals for the great work...
By thumbnail I assume you mean the MMS received is small or resized? I don't think this is an N900 or fMMS issue but a TMobile USA issue. I have experienced this with other phones including the N85 and N97 Mini.

Hi Frals,

I'm not sure if you knew about this problem. fMMS is using the roaming data counter in my N900 also when I am in my home network. I had to disable the roaming warning in the N900 config to avoid high data transfer warnings when sending and receiving MMS.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
I'm on Orange UK, I have the setting correct but I cant send or receive messages.
I could about 2 weeks ago as my girlfriend sent me some audio file and I've sent her a few photo's she's definitely received.

When I get a message I'm prompted about it, I click the message, I get the yellow bar saying 'Downloading Message' but after a few minutes it comes back saying 'Unable to retrieve message'.

When I try to send a message it gives me an error telling me to check my settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks
hey man im getting the same problem and im on orange too!ive had it working for a few months,and ive just tried to retrive a mesg and its not working.ive tried changing setting but no luck... did you a solution? doese anyone no what is wrong with it?

Last edited by airjaff; 2010-08-21 at 09:21. Reason: spelling

Hi all
I am in Japan using Softbank silver USIM.
I am quite hopeless with codes and stuff from Linux but still, like and very pleased to be using N900 (Hongkong version)
Could you please tell me how to set up fMMS (V. 1.24) to send and receive MMS via softbank.ne.jp?
I tried, the fMMS can load MMS headers, but always fail to download the whole message.
Tried polite, rude, havoc but all failed.
Tried gconftool-2 -st string /apps/fmms/useragent "New UA String" from X-Terminal too without success.

Please please please help
Thanks

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Ah crap, I performed an apt-get -f upgrade to fix an unrelated apps's libsdl-tff error and while it did fix that, it's installed Python updates that are screwing up other python apps.

Now both Fmms, Gpodder, and Panucci fail. They all report:
ImportError: No module named cairo

Can anyone suggest an apt-get method to put my python version back to normal? There's so many python runtime packages, I'm not even sure which ones to look at.

thanks man

"live today like you were going to die tomorrow, plan for tomorrow like you we going to live for ever.."

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python