Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
You meaan the hype like N900 got whan it was released ? Remember even then the blogosphere was ticking with the N900 and the Maemo goodness - till fo course it fizzled.
This time, the hype is from people that normally don't hype Nokia products; the N900 was heavily hyped around these parts, not much more else... especially after the announcement on the screen size.

I still have to repeat - and not to antagonize you - that this hype on the N9 this time seems to be a good thing because of all of the typical places that pan Nokia stuff is helping hype this one.

And it's a well-known fact that I'm not a fan of anything Nokia besides my Nokia N810, that is.

I am having a hard time in avoiding this gadget - but will steele myself up to avoid this untill the initial hype is over and I can see the rough edges that MeeGo might have on the N9.
In fact now I am more inclined to go with a stable Symbian N8 (love the 12 MP camera - provided it takes shots equiv to good point-and-shoots) and wait for a MeegO Tablet instead - cause the rumoured screen resolution of N9 doesnt look good to me.
And see... I was pretty able to avoid N900 hype by not signing into here for a while. Nobody else really covered the N900, especially not the American blogs.

Not being able to avoid this device... well, it's the good thing I was talking about earlier.

Let's just hope Nokia capitalizes on it, fixes Ovi, delivers the goods and have it all working well instead of it just being "new".

And properly advertise the damn thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Other than the feel, one reason I don't like chiclets is the optical illusion they cause. Look at those photos. See the dots that appear at intersections? Yeah, that gets old quickly.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Other than the feel, one reason I don't like chiclets is the optical illusion they cause. Look at those photos. See the dots that appear at intersections? Yeah, that gets old quickly.
I'm not sure I follow. What dots?

EDIT: OH! You mean the black square/white grid optical illusion?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
When will Nokia start pre-orders? NokiaWorld? October with MeeGo 1.1 release? All the worries I had about whether Nokia gives a f*** are all but gone. They definetley realize the urgency of getting the N9 flagship out before Christmas.
OH please don't start calling it a bloody FLAGSHIP just look at how the N900 bloody flagship oops i mean bumship turned out to be lol.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2010-08-21 at 02:40.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
The N900 was never the flagship.
It was never advertised as such.
It was another test to gain experience and that was very clear from the beginning.
This however will be marketed as the new all-mighty flagship device.
You will not be able to ignore the wave of advertising made for the N9.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
one reason I don't like chiclets is ....
I think it also maybe more prone to not registering key presses. Or at least that has been my experience with membrane keyboards.

that was very clear from the beginning
People assumed it was premium from the top of the range specs and pricing as well as it 'taking up' a n-series branding. This was not clear to consumers aside from this forum.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-08-21 at 03:31.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
I really hope this fills the potential that the n97 and N900 were supposed to be. Mobile computing in my pocket in my pocket is definitely what I'd be looking for in this Meego phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
OH please don't start calling it a bloody FLAGSHIP just look at how the N900 bloody flagship oops i mean bumship turned out to be lol.
I'm on the SHIP ready to set sail for ESPOO!

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
The N900 was never the flagship.
It was never advertised as such.
It was another test to gain experience and that was very clear from the beginning.
This however will be marketed as the new all-mighty flagship device.
You will not be able to ignore the wave of advertising made for the N9.
agreed. i'm hoping nokia makes more than a ripple here in the u.s. with the N9 advertising campaign, eurozone and asia will be business as usual

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
The supposedly leaked N9 pictures reminds me of this old design, and I`m not sure I like it.

Edit: typo.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Last edited by inidrog; 2010-08-21 at 06:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to inidrog For This Useful Post:

Tags
design, nokia n9