Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
is anyone having troubles with bilinear filtering (aka better graphics)? it doesn't work for me at all! i remember it works last time i play, a couple of weeks ago, now wanna start playing some games and nogo! is there any file wich i can edit to force the emu to always have it enabled? may be this has conflicts with some apps i install recently? hope javispedro read this and can help me (si puede hecharme una mano, por favor)

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
is anyone having troubles with bilinear filtering (aka better graphics)? it doesn't work for me at all! i remember it works last time i play, a couple of weeks ago, now wanna start playing some games and nogo! is there any file wich i can edit to force the emu to always have it enabled? may be this has conflicts with some apps i install recently? hope javispedro read this and can help me (si puede hecharme una mano, por favor)
"Accurate graphics" is not bilinear filtering but rather transparencies and some other SNES effects that at least on the N810 were slow to emulate. Bilinear filtering is always enabled on the N900 unless you use "2x zoom" or "no zoom". (Fit to screen, fill screen both use the PVR to scale).

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-08-20 at 15:33.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
"Accurate graphics" is not bilinear filtering but rather transparencies and some other SNES effects that at least on the N810 were slow to emulate. Bilinear filtering is always enabled on the N900 unless you use "2x zoom" or "no zoom". (Fit to screen, fill screen both use the PVR to scale).
So will we ever see GPU-accelerated post processing on drnoksnes for better looks and framerate?

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
So will we ever see GPU-accelerated post processing on drnoksnes for better looks and framerate?
"Better looks" as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_a...ing_algorithms , maybe. But it will make it slower, not faster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Well, but i'm running DrNokSnes 1.34 in a N900 in fill screen, and this is what i get in all games:

Name:  Screenshot-20100821-033205.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  22.0 KB

Bilinear filtering, 2xSaI or whatever is not showed (no smooth graphics). What's wrong? it works last time i play, couple of weeks ago. I try unninstalling and reinstalling again, but has no effect. libsdl-haa problems? app conflict problems? ( i have installed Power-Kernel40, FCam, and other conflictive apps) with other emulators (VGBA ans VGB) it works ok.

I have a question, what exactly is turbo mode? So does it increase FPS but require more processing (reducing battery life)?

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
"Better looks" as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_a...ing_algorithms , maybe. But it will make it slower, not faster.
Even if the GPU is going to take most of the load? If that's the case better not do it at all heh.

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Well, but i'm running DrNokSnes 1.34 in a N900 in fill screen, and this is what i get in all games:

Attachment 13166
I cannot really see much in a rescaled image... either way my wild guess is that it has been always like what you see now.

Originally Posted by unkno
I have a question, what exactly is turbo mode? So does it increase FPS but require more processing (reducing battery life)?
Yes, it disables any frame rate cap.

Hi Guys

been using the drnoksnes emulator on my n900 and loving it. the only problem is that it keeps rebootinh my n900 every 1-10 minutes at what seems random.. can anyone help? is it a known issue? is there a log or something i can check for the cause?

thx

zeltak

Originally Posted by zeltak View Post
Hi Guys

been using the drnoksnes emulator on my n900 and loving it. the only problem is that it keeps rebootinh my n900 every 1-10 minutes at what seems random.. can anyone help? is it a known issue? is there a log or something i can check for the cause?

thx

zeltak
The restart thing does not happen to me...it's probably due to the rom not being fully compatible with the emulator. Does the restart happen with every game your playing or just one particular rom?

Tags
drnoksnes, emulator, games, snes, zeemote