Active Topics

Hello. I've been using a Brodit active car mount for my N900 for the past 3 weeks; and without a problem. Yesterday, I inserted my N900 and it turned off. Upon checking further, it seems like the power off button is being pressed everytime I insert my N900 into the Brodit mount.

Has anybody else here had the same problem?

I've been trying to get some plastic off the mount right where the off button slides through but without any success. Phone still turns off. I'm not sure how far I can peel off the plastic before I destroy this lovely mount.

I am thinking about deactivating the power off button,can this be done?

Thanks!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Yes, others have had this problem and no you can't, well not without a lot of other issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
thank you.

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Yes, others have had this problem and no you can't, well not without a lot of other issues.
Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet? I just got the Brodit active holder and have the same problem - power button is depressed continuously by the clip.

I have one, and I've not had that problem.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to fnordianslip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
I have one, and I've not had that problem.

ditto .

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Originally Posted by xebec View Post
Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet? I just got the Brodit active holder and have the same problem - power button is depressed continuously by the clip.
Mine did not have any problem initially. Then my phone started turning off after a few weeks. I thought it was the phone itself shutting down whenever connected via USB to the Brodit mount.

I used sandpaper to remove/shave off some plastic right where the mount touches the power button on the N900, but that did not work right away. I also shaved off a bit of the plastic anterior to that which I originally shaved off. This time, it worked right away and I never had a problem with the mount again.

I think the issue could be because of the Brodit mount ( which is plastic) warping due to being under extreme heat (while in a parked car).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
Originally Posted by koki View Post
I think the issue could be because of the Brodit mount ( which is plastic) warping due to being under extreme heat (while in a parked car).
Yep makes sense, no probs with mine yet and very happy with it so far, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

Had the same problem, i just removed quite much from the top with a multifunction rotary tool, now it works fine.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Just FYI,

I emailed ProClip USA last week and mentioned this thread, and they were nice enough to respond today...

--- reply from ProClip USA on January 20, 2011 ---

Hello Jason,

We are not aware of this but we have looked into it and read the discussion. We are doing a slight modification to the holder. It will be ready in a couple of weeks. We will notify you then.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

ProClip USA Customer Service