Active Topics

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
I hope they don't have those pull out plastic parts to cover the ports (as in the vid) they always wear and end up looking Tacky!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Still, "N" would signify N-series. The phones are clearly different. I don't run a tech-blog but I see it, why doesn't he?
It's not a C-Series phone, these are clearly different.
From a design point of view the E7 COULD also be a N8-02, a Nokia N8 with hardware keyboard.
I thought so, too in the past because of the incredible similarity.
But I was told that it is the E7.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
Thats a pretty thin limb they are going out on!

This fone looks pretty ugly to me.reminds me of one of thoes electrolic diarys back in the early 90s.maybe its the colour that makes it looks gross.

The Following User Says Thank You to airjaff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Has anybody seen reliable info how thick this N9 is? The pictures don't seem to give a good scale for estimation.

My biggest beef with N900 is its thickness, it just doesn't fit into my hand nor my pockets comfortably. I really hope this will be thinner.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
Has anybody seen reliable info how thick this N9 is? The pictures don't seem to give a good scale for estimation.

My biggest beef with N900 is its thickness, it just doesn't fit into my hand nor my pockets comfortably. I really hope this will be thinner.
thin would be nice, but it's not a big issue for me even if it's thick! I have my N900 with a mugen power battery attached in my pocket right now and even that thickness doesn't bother me

edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will always choose function over form, ALWAYS!

The Following User Says Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
E7, N9 honestly I don't really "trust" anything until I have heard solid proof of what these prototype units are.

I know some sites have been pretty bang on with what these units are but even then I still don't like to get my hopes up to much until I have heard more.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
1,4 cm thick.
Thanks, somewhat slimmer then, N900 is something like 1,8 cm.

Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
Thanks, somewhat slimmer then, N900 is something like 1,8 cm.
1,9 cm, so the N9 is a half cm thinner.

Tags
design, nokia n9