Active Topics

This is driving me nuts:

I got Garnet on my n900 hotsyncing with my desktop just fine. But now all of a sudden hotsync finishes with "connection lost". This happens while doing a backup of an installed app, which was installed and sync'ed before. Now it seems it can't be backed up. Try as I might I can't get a normal hotsync again, when removing the culprit file, hotsync exits because of another (which was fine before).

If I turn backup conduit to "Do nothing" it syncs, but I need a backup of changed databases to work with the desktop part of the app.

I tried formatting GVM and restore through hotsync, which doesn't work either. Connection lost.

I've spent two hours today searching the forum, typing my IP, hotsyncing again and again and trying everything I could think of.

I know a lot of people use GVM without hotsyncing, but I need it working. Any suggestions? Otherwise I'll quit poking around this messy Emulator and go back to using ye ol' T|5.

Cheers!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I actually change my ip address to something like

Doing so makes my computer no longer take in any type of internet signal but I am able to hotsync without trouble.

Afterwards, I change back my ip address to automatically detect it and my computer receives internet again.

I'll try that, thanks!

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I actually change my ip address to something like

Doing so makes my computer no longer take in any type of internet signal but I am able to hotsync without trouble.

Afterwards, I change back my ip address to automatically detect it and my computer receives internet again.
Hmm, when I do that, I can't connect at all. Using 192.167.178.200 however connects, but I still lose the connection on backup. Blast.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
Hmm, when I do that, I can't connect at all. Using 192.167.178.200 however connects, but I still lose the connection on backup. Blast.
Well shoot dude.

Actually, looking back over my previous notes, I used the ip address
as suggested by Pushwall.

It has worked every time for me.

I don't see how the difference in ip addresses should be any type of factor though when trying to hotsync.

If anything, I guess you could use Resco Explorer and manually pluck those files out of your gvm.store.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
The new Beta of today (May 29 2010) doesn't change my problem, I still lose the connection. Anybody got around this problem?

I finally seem to have it working.

The clue is that for some strange reason Hotsync cannot backup .PRC files. The others are synced and backed up alright.

So what I did was use Filez to uncheck the backup-flag for all Applications (.PRC) and now my databases get sync'd.

Now here's a happy Syncer