Active Topics

Originally Posted by Mgamerz View Post
Dial Central makes my LED flash when I get a new message (SMS) when using google voice but it never goes away and it drives me up the wall when I'm trying to sleep.
LED notification can be disabled in the control panel > display.

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Hey guys... no luck with amsn. I installed it, but a pc msn client automatically rejects the video call from the tablet. I'm still looking for a tablet to pc windows solution.
If you get desperate, there's always the option of having your wife record a video using the webcam and then e-mail it. I use YouSendIt for e-mailing large files, but as you are no doubt aware there are many other solutions, including DropBox.

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
If you get desperate, there's always the option of having your wife record a video using the webcam and then e-mail it. I use YouSendIt for e-mailing large files, but as you are no doubt aware there are many other solutions, including DropBox.
Thank you, but are more likely then to just use VOIP. I really want to put this camera to work... it was the initial selling features of the device. Next up, I want to try the AMSN Windows client to see if that makes any difference. (I was trying the official MSN Windows client before.)

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Next up, I want to try the AMSN Windows client to see if that makes any difference. (I was trying the official MSN Windows client before.)
SUCCESS! I used aMSN Windows client with aMSN on the N810, and the video conferencing worked! (I didn't try audio though.) Of course, there was a 30sec delay from Windows to the tablet and the video sent from the tablet was not smooth, but it worked!!! The only real challenge was ensuring that the firewall was set up to allow aMSN to send and receive video.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
H.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
LED notification can be disabled in the control panel > display.
I want LEDDD notifications, however DialCentral's always blinks, never stops, and disabling everytime I get an sms message is ridiculous. I have found a google voice plugin in extras devel for the accounts... thing, and it works pretty well. I can call using the internet call on the tablet (it auto hangs up on the tablet, however my normal phone rings). It also does sms in the chat window.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Hordeman wrote:
"SUCCESS! I used aMSN Windows client with aMSN on the N810, and the video conferencing worked! (I didn't try audio though.) Of course, there was a 30sec delay from Windows to the tablet and the video sent from the tablet was not smooth, but it worked!!! The only real challenge was ensuring that the firewall was set up to allow aMSN to send and receive video."
-----------
Hi
Can you tell us which MSN app you used......a brief howto might be nice.
Thanks.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Sure, it's pretty simple. Just use aMSN.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
The better way its by using EKIGA account on the osso accounts to a PC with Ekiga.
The only thing I was setting up a tablet for a friend and the repositories are a MESS!! like RTCOMM didn'd install and I'm looking a way to get it working on my friend's tablet... sigh...

Originally Posted by andreuy1980 View Post
The better way its by using EKIGA account on the osso accounts to a PC with Ekiga.
The only thing I was setting up a tablet for a friend and the repositories are a MESS!! like RTCOMM didn'd install and I'm looking a way to get it working on my friend's tablet... sigh...
So, after all that, you still consider it a "better way"?

Yeah , the video quality is far better from gizmo5 and I tried before aMSN but the tablet it's way too weak to run it smoothly.
Still the direction of the maemo it's bad, I remember when the 810 was the top of the line, the 770 repositories were fine, now the 900 its the top dog and everything else it's a mess.
I smell Nokia trying to sell their N900s, but I like the fact it was NOT a cell phone..
Too bad this its the main reason many people I knew from here they dropped Nokia to switch to android or others...