Active Topics

Enfuse/enblend (http://enblend.sourceforge.net/) does focus stacking (exposure stacking also). It's a package available on Fedora so I assume also on others and its source is available so it could be compiled for the N900 I suppose. Despite its rather simplistic front page, it is very powerful and is used by Hugin for seamless panorama blending and HDR.

http://wiki.panotools.org/Enfuse_reference_manual

Originally Posted by ezcola View Post
Hello world!
The idea is multifocus composite image to take multiple pictures of the same target and match them on top of each other. The point is that each shot would be taken with different focus level. The user could define the number and interval / min-max values of the steps.

The Following User Says Thank You to wotevah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
Photoshop, I'm viewing them in photoshop right now.

Originally Posted by bnolsen View Post
What software *can* read these files?
Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop should both be able to read it. If you are using the latest Adobe software, use the 2003 development process instead of the 2010. This only applies to Lightroom and Adobe Camera RAW.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by fms View Post
That mostly depends on the Tracker's Thumbnailer hogging all your disk and CPU bandwidth. FCam guys are not to blame for this, Nokia is.
tracker is open source project so you can help improve it instead of blame nokia.

http://meego.gitorious.org/tracker/tracker/trees/master

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
tracker is open source project so you can help improve it instead of blame nokia.

http://meego.gitorious.org/tracker/tracker/trees/master
My opinion is that a video recording application should send suspend and resume messages to background apps, such as the tracker.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
The biggest issue with snapshot speed is due to low-level driver issues - there's about a 700ms lag when switching from viewfinder to full-res capture. Once we're in full-res, it can be streamed at 10fps just fine (until you run out of memory a few seconds later), but changing resolutions is slow.

Unfortunately, fixing that is quite painful, since we'd either have to backport driver code from the current TI/Nokia development branch of the omap3 camera drivers, which is aimed at much newer kernels (but apparently reduce the lag to around 200ms) or do the coding ourselves, which is a very big job.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ETalvala For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
tracker is open source project so you can help improve it instead of blame nokia. http://meego.gitorious.org/tracker/tracker/trees/master
Thank you. Unfortunately, it is not the tracker source code that has to be fixed here, but the Maemo5 policy of aggressively indexing media data. Disabling this indexing will unfortunately break a few apps, such as Media Player and the Gallery. Leaving it on slows the system down to a crawl. Personally, I would be much happier if Tracker never existed.

Originally Posted by ETalvala View Post
The biggest issue with snapshot speed is due to low-level driver issues - there's about a 700ms lag when switching from viewfinder to full-res capture. Once we're in full-res, it can be streamed at 10fps just fine (until you run out of memory a few seconds later), but changing resolutions is slow.
Don't change resolutions. I'm capturing 25 fps @ 1280x720 and I'm just decimating with NEON routines to 640x360 for the viewfinder.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
daperl,

While that works fine for lower resolutions, I don't think it's really feasible for full resolution RAW. 5 MP frames mean you can't run faster than 10 fps, which is a bit too slow for the viewfinder. Plus, downsampling/demosaicking that takes just about 70 ms or so, leaving essentially no CPU for anything else.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop should both be able to read it. If you are using the latest Adobe software, use the 2003 development process instead of the 2010. This only applies to Lightroom and Adobe Camera RAW.
I have access to neither nor a platform to run them on.