Active Topics

Could someone help me out and post the n770 stylus dimensions. A picture of it would be great too. I bought one off Ebay and the guy didn't include the stylus. I've got a plastic stylus from another PDA that I could file down to the correct thickness...including what it would need to hook into the n770 case if I knew what the dimensions were.

Please post the length, width (in both dimensions) and where the indent is that it uses to stay retained.

If anyone has pics, that would be great too.

Thank you,
Danny

P.S. You can email me pics at dlauring@hotmail.com

Last edited by ImDisaster; 2007-09-28 at 17:00.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
98 mm (3.85826772 inch) x 6 mm (0.236220472 inch) x 3 mm (0.118110236 inch). Conversion to inches was done with Google, as I have only a metric ruler.

For pictures, I suggest Google image search with words 'Nokia 770 stylus'.

Thank you. The stylus I had worked great. I sanded both sides down to 3mm and shortened it by about 10mm. Left a little nub on the outside so it could be removed.

None of the images in google showed the retention feature very well but it stays in pretty well without one. I may try to cut a little notch in it in the general area of the silver spring...or may just leave it like it is.

If you find some more time could you measure the width and location of the indent that helps hold it in the slot?

Thanks again.

P.S. Here is a picture of modified HP Jornado stylus. With the grey color and uneven sanding it looks a little Flinstone-ish...but works great.

You should be able to fab one of these out of any plastic Palm or WM player stylus.