Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
In your screenshot you have 802.11b/g/n which is OK, no need to change.
Heh, you're right. I'm having a hard time reading those screens

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
In your screenshot you have 802.11b/g/n which is OK, no need to change. Do you have any devices other than N900 and are they able to use the wlan without any problems? If so then your router should be configured OK.

As unsane said it's a DNS problem on your N900.

On the N900 go edit your connection. Click "Next" until you get to the last screen then click "Advanced". Under the "IP Addresses" tab select "Auto-retrieve IP address" and select "Auto-retrieve DNS", then "Save" and "Finish".
i am using 2 laptops only and its working internet very well.

in regards on N900 Connection setup: Actually the setup it was "Auto" already and still not working.

Any other advise?

Originally Posted by unsane View Post
Heh, you're right. I'm having a hard time reading those screens
As i mentioned, this is my first time i've encountered very unfriendly setup of wifi in Saudi Arabia.

In my home country, setting up your wifi configuration is really easy and user-friendly.

I hope somebody can figure it out whats wrong on this setup.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by edcarsky View Post
As i mentioned, this is my first time i've encountered very unfriendly setup of wifi in Saudi Arabia.

In my home country, setting up your wifi configuration is really easy and user-friendly.

I hope somebody can figure it out whats wrong on this setup.
Actually, I meant it was hard on the eyes reading the text on the screens
I can't help suspecting that there's a misunderstanding somewhere though. Setting up wifi on the N900 with DHCP should be really simple. Wifi connections wouldn't be country specific anyway.

If you're using the wireless router to connect to the internet with your laptops through wifi, and its working perfectly, we can discount any problems with the router and/or your connection to your ISP.

Here's a question: When you set up the router for the first time, did you configure new wifi settings on N900 for that connection?
Or did you reuse/edit a connection that was on your phone already?
If that's the case, could you delete the connection on N900 and try making a new one? Please reboot between deleting one and making a new.

If you can connect to your router with wifi, open your browser on N900 and write the following address: 74.125.77.99
This should open google.com

What firmware is running on your phone? Anything installed from the testing or devel repositories?

In xterminal on N900 run (type exactly as here):
Code:
nslookup google.com
and

Code:
cat /etc/resolv.conf
and post the results.

Last edited by unsane; 2010-08-02 at 08:10. Reason: Further questions

The Following User Says Thank You to unsane For This Useful Post:
Actually, I meant it was hard on the eyes reading the text on the screens
I can't help suspecting that there's a misunderstanding somewhere though. Setting up wifi on the N900 with DHCP should be really simple. Wifi connections wouldn't be country specific anyway.

If you're using the wireless router to connect to the internet with your laptops through wifi, and its working perfectly, we can discount any problems with the router and/or your connection to your ISP.

Here's a question: When you set up the router for the first time, did you configure new wifi settings on N900 for that connection?
Or did you reuse/edit a connection that was on your phone already?
If that's the case, could you delete the connection on N900 and try making a new one? Please reboot between deleting one and making a new.
If you can connect to your router with wifi, open your browser on N900 and write the following address: 74.125.77.99
This should open google.com
Yah, this is working,,, its Google.com. i think you have now the idea on what the next step, so in that way i can use now my wifi properly?

What firmware is running on your phone? Anything installed from the testing or devel repositories?

In xterminal on N900 run (type exactly as here):
Code:
nslookup google.com
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1 Nokia-N900,,, then stop and not responding here.

and

[QUOTE=unsane;772702]
Code:
cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 127.0.0.1

and post the results.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
The N900 uses dnsmasq, do the following and report:

Code:
cat /var/run/resolv.conf.wlan0

The N900 uses dnsmasq, do the following and report:

Code:
cat /var/run/resolv.conf.wlan0
domain afaqe2e.com
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver 192.168.1.1

actually i got it now , since nameserver 192.168.1.1 (twice 2x) i just removed it and the connection is working.

the problem now, everytime i reboot my device, its turns back into nameserver 192.168.1.1 (2x again) , what shall i do to make it fix into 1 nameserver.

Last edited by edcarsky; 2010-08-03 at 16:08.

hi, i was watching ur post, and i have the same problem, i see u configured the solution about nameserver 2x

my broblem is : i dont how to { remove it } as u said "i just removed it"
so, could anyone help me plz?

i dont know how to remove it, how to remove he namesrver

im sorry i dont know if its possible or no to put my mobile no. , but i ask u my friend in Saudia arabia to tell me , i need it badly

sherief 0561198198