Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
The new style doesn't seem to go along that well with one of the standard themes (Nseries).

On a very light background the text would probably not be visible at all?
Attached Images

i use the Milky Way image set, so i have an nice dark background
But now i do get the default shown in #252 background (and then the buttons are not really readable anymore). Can there be image set support? or should i just copy something over my self?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
imo it is really stupid to put a bugtracker link leading here. but I've found one bug:

enabling a repository within fapman enables it in HAM too and HAM dialog shows that the repository is disabled.

what about saving repository list separately within fapman, loading the correct ones in startup and reverting to old ones when application is closed?

this is pretty major conflict with system package and needs to be fixed if you want to get this to extras.
This is a valid "bugtracker" according to the wiki... I'll switch to a real one if the app ever goes to extras.

Repository lists of fapman and HAM are already kept separate, HAM restores (or should restore) it's own settings when it does an update. It might be the shared apt cache that causes the "conflicts"... I guess the only sensible way to prevent that is to do a full backup copy of the cache dir.

Originally Posted by aanckar View Post
The new style doesn't seem to go along that well with one of the standard themes (Nseries).

On a very light background the text would probably not be visible at all?
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
i use the Milky Way image set, so i have an nice dark background
But now i do get the default shown in #252 background (and then the buttons are not really readable anymore). Can there be image set support? or should i just copy something over my self?
I had a version that faded the background so that the buttons were more readable even with light backgrounds... but I somehow thought that someone's going to complain about that too Maybe I'll restore that behavior so that a default wallpaper gets faded but a custom one won't.

At the moment you should copy a custom wallpaper if you're unhappy with how the default one looks. That's what the feature is for

Edit: Argh, maybe I should revert back to simple plain standard background with normal, smaller buttons...

Last edited by hqh; 2010-08-03 at 10:08.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by hqh View Post
It looks for /etc/hildon/theme/backgrounds/wallpaper1.png and if it can't be found you get a blank background (assuming you haven't copied a custom wallpaper to /root/.fapman/wallpaper.png).
I think you should change it to look for:
/user/home/.backgrounds/background-1.png

That way if user changes he's wallpaper for desktop1 it's automaticly applied to fapman. Filename is also always the same, so no more issues if theme is bundled with jpg -backgrounds instead of pngs.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:

Edit: Argh, maybe I should revert back to simple plain standard background with normal, smaller buttons...
what i would do: default simple plain standard background
But if you see a wallpaper in your install dir of fapman then use that one..
(or even make it selectable in the settings menu)

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by grog View Post
Currently in HAM when a package is selected to Update, if you go into Details then Description, you'll see the change log notes for that update (if any). Is that available in fapman, I can't seem to find it?
Currently the only way is to use the web browser button - it should open the package's maemo.org website with the changelogs in the web browser.

Originally Posted by grog View Post
As well I've got a situation right now that according to HAM the extras-devel repo is enabled & there's a bunch of apps to update, but according to fapman it's disabled & there's only one. Are they not supposed to be using the same database's?
They do not share the repository settings, fapman uses it's own list of repos. They are read from HAM only the first time the app is run.
Thanks, Got it now.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I know this isn't the Qt way, but all the apps I have themes for have a subfolder under my app called themes, and each folder is a theme. It should contain buttq.png, butt2.png, back.png and maybe a text file that has x, y, dx and dy for each button. And maybe a line for theme author/description. Easy to implement, easy to modify.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If I remember right, I've mentioned this before. Every time when I launch the network-connection to my N900 I get the original Application's Manager to check for updates to repositories that it doesn't even use. I've removed Extras-Devel and -Testing-lists from the Application's Manager and moved them to the fapman instead. This happened again today, when I booted the device up (which was odd and first time that it'd happened). Tha same thing happened again during the writing of this post.

Also I think the fapman is missing something from it's lists, since I can't seem to find that update for rootsh anymore. I know it's there since I haven't updated it (unless the original author pulled it off?) but it isn't showing up for some reason.

And yes, I've updated the catalogs.

Last edited by rantom; 2013-04-30 at 14:16.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I know this isn't the Qt way, but all the apps I have themes for have a subfolder under my app called themes, and each folder is a theme. It should contain buttq.png, butt2.png, back.png and maybe a text file that has x, y, dx and dy for each button. And maybe a line for theme author/description. Easy to implement, easy to modify.
Qt can already load your graphics files from a path relative to your stylesheet file. I won't implement a custom theme engine if that's what you're asking, IMO that would be a huge waste of time.

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Also I think the fapman is missing something from it's lists, since I can't seem to find that update for rootsh anymore. I know it's there since I haven't updated it (unless the original author pulled it off?) but it isn't showing up for some reason.
Can you find the package if you choose the "all" status filter? If yes, what information is displayed for the package?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can you find the package if you choose the "all" status filter? If yes, what information is displayed for the package?
Yes I can. I'll get a list of all applications (installable, removable and upgradeable) and for example, rootsh is installable (which I already have installed) while as Plastic Theme Pack is removable but not upgradeable. So most likely fapman can't find all installed applications and thus ignores those updates?