Active Topics

Poll: How would you change MeeGo?
Poll Options
How would you change MeeGo?

If you could go back in time to June 2007 what would you do?

First Methodology:

Tell Nokia to buy WebOS.
Get them to use its patent-portfolio and rich software to catalyze the development of MeeGo.
Get them to really make MeeGo outstanding but Open.
Then Nokia would continue with Symbian development (eg v4) for the N-series but make a new series "P-series" in reference to Palm.
The motto could be "the Perfection".
Then aggressively advertise and release it as a candybar phone pre-Xmas '09, followed by the same phone with different form-factors and the eventual adoption of the platform by Samsung, HTC and Motorola and other phone manufacturers.

Second methodology:

Bring back details/software of Froyo and MeeGo 1.0.
Convince Google to change the properties of the Android program much into MeeGo, basing everything into a full-desktop Linux streamlined for slow processors but with integration of Qt for high-quality extreme cross-platformness.
Google then add's their own software goodies like Maps, Goggles, Browser, Flash 10 etc.
The platform will be backed by the corporate giant, and massive adoption will also ensue like HTC, Nokia, Samsung etc.

Can you think of any other way of making MeeGo greater if you went back to mid-07?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd just tell Nokia to continue to support Maemo products a tad bit longer.

If you could go back..
You can't go back so focus on NOW.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I will wait a few more years and collect more data before going back to 2007... then along the way, I'll realize that I should bestow all the edge to community, rather than Nokia... so I'll come back with 10th gen pocketable computer software stack, along with plans for quad core ultra power efficient ARM platform... and the latest power cell technology...

....arriving in 2007, I'll come to realize that the 2027 sports almanac in my backpack worths more than all the technology blueprints I have brought back instead. So I'll sell off my delorean and go to Vegas with the almanac.

Little did I know that history never repeats itself in a different multiverse... and as I gambled off my last dollar bill... I should've noted that the iPhone was introduced as the first fully opensourced smartphone, here.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

ysss, nice!

I guess you went back in time and sneezed on a mosquito and realized you accidentally went to 2002-or something. So you hopped back in and blasted to 2007 and noticed Google owns Apple.

... I think your sneeze contained swine flu, bird flu and what-not and it transferred it directly to Steve Jobs hehe

bump!

so what are your visions of a "better form of MeeGo" if you can use my TimeMachine and travel back in time before the Androids were released by Gero (i mean Google).