Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Can somebody test this site it's a demo of the paper I read everyday and I wonder if this site is usable on the Nokia 770 and what the loading time is of the PDF papers (just click on the front page of the paper and it will download the pdf version of it). Most pages are less then 100kB.

Thanx a lot for testing!

Last edited by TVD; 2006-01-20 at 21:09.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Somebody???

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
When I get home. (2 hours) *bump*

When I click the front page it asks me to make a digital subscription. The small pages open up quickly.

LVTT:

I couldn't d/l at all. It said:

==========

Downloading this document requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat version 6.0 or later to be installed on your computer.
The required software was not detected on this computer.

Under some circumstances, detection fails even if the required software is installed. To check whether the required software is installed on this computer:
Start Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
On the Help menu, choose About.
On the About page, check the version of the software. It must be must be 6.0 or later.
After you have checked for the required software:
If Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat version 6.0 or later is not installed on your computer, or if you are not sure, click here to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.

If you are certain that Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat version 6.0 or later is installed on your computer, click here to download your documents.

If you prefer to cancel the document download, click here to return to the Web site where you obtained the documents.

LVTT:

OK, I got it, but PDF Reader can't see it? Filetype came down not as .pdf.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Howabout eVince? What file type came through?

LVTT:

.etd -- never heard of that. eVince? I'm not looking to add new headaches!

It doesn't support that format anyway.

However:

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=ETD

Apparently it's an Acrobat eBook Reader EBX Transfer Data File. FBReader?

LVTT:

Good God! FBR exposes the true Linux dir. WTF is the path to Documents? Just spent 5 minutes spiralling into dir hell!